• The KillerFrogs

WVU Game and Other notes

MTfrog5

Huggins is a hof coach. Dixon isn't a good x and O coach. there's your difference.

He calls a time out when his team had just hit 4 3's in a row. Idiot. But what can you expect from a Pitt coach?
He did kick y’alls ass a lot while at Pitt so you do have a point

Eight

friend who was an operations manager for chevron tells some funny stories about stress tests gone wrong when building facilities around the world.

in the end, even if you have a great plan there are going to circumstances where you just can not hide flaws in the materials, the manufacturing process, the installation, or in some cases even the actual process the facility was built to perform.

one common thread was high pressure exposure and stress over a prolonged period of time.

lets take a quick look at some key numbers and moments from last night's game.

1) 10-10-9 - the frogs had 10 turnovers in the first half, 10 turnovers in the second half, and 9 assists for the game. that isn't good

2) 28 - 15- 13 - 14 - there were 28 rebounds on the wvu offensive end last night, tcu had 15 defensive rebounds, wvu had 13 offensive rebounds, those 13 offensive rebounds resulted in 14 second chance points.

3) 36 -6 - wvu's bench contributed 36 points last night. i am pretty sure most people here can figure out the 6.

4) one play stands out to me last night that sums up just how dominant the wvu half court defense was last night. with just under 8:00 to go in the frogs tried to start their half court offense outside the 28 foot mark. three players tried to beat their man with a dribble from freaking 28+ feet out and couldn't do it. no screen, no fake screen, no pass to the wing, simply trying to break down a defender with a dribble from 28+ feet from the basket. it looked like a freaking and1 game and two of the players involved in this [ clusterfarg ] have been in the program for at least 3 seasons. the ineptitude resulted not only a shot clock violation, but the frogs never got the ball as close as the top of the key on that possession.

things don't get easier, a productive and legit 4 isn't going to emerge out of line air, and as my favorite manager used to say though he never was talking about the frogs shooting the basketball, i am when i say water eventually returns to its natural level.

the biggest thing is the frogs can't let wvu beat them twice this week. they absolutely have to put this game behind them and prepare for going to norman where they have struggled since joining the big 12. they have never won in norman and what is worse than some of the early beatings the frogs received there are the last 3 games tcu pissed away.

one loss simply can't be allowed to become 2 losses and that means getting back to moving the basketball on offense and stop the over dependence on the beating defenders individually, they have to get samuel involved inside, they have to free bane, they must play better denial defense, and they absolutely have to keep ou off the offensive boards

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Huggins is a hof coach. Dixon isn't a good x and O coach. there's your difference.

He calls a time out when his team had just hit 4 3's in a row. Idiot. But what can you expect from a Pitt coach?

Your hof coach whipped us by 32 last night. A year ago we whipped him by 31 in Fort Worth. It’s basketball, it happens. Congrats on a great game.

Nolaeer

a lot of those wins were against beilein, not Huggins. But dixon recruited really, really well at Pitt-until he didnt. He used to be an ace recruiter. X and O's were never his strong suit, however.

Nolaeer

Your hof coach whipped us by 32 last night. A year ago we whipped him by 31 in Fort Worth. It’s basketball, it happens. Congrats on a great game.

it happens once every 19 years. Last season was huggins worst in 19 years. before that, made 3 sweet 16's in 4 years. im not picking on TCU. I hate dixon bc he was @ Pitt. I like TCU in football and baseball when they're not playing WVU.

Dogfrog

it happens once every 19 years. Last season was huggins worst in 19 years. before that, made 3 sweet 16's in 4 years.

Ancient history. The butt kicking was one year ago. Get over yourself.