1. The KillerFrogs

WVU Game and Other notes

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by Francis Xav, Jan 13, 2020.

1. i think we walk in and beat WVU tomorrow. Also we are getting votes.

I am excited.

Should be a defensive battle but I believe we have more scoring ability.

2. I'm in

3. Hope you’re right. I feel about the exact opposite of that. They play amazing defense and their size/physicality/depth worries me.

Wog68 and Froggish like this.
  4. I believe Dixon said in the last postgame they play 12 deep. Definitely concerned. Need KS to play smart and stay out of foul trouble.

5. I hope we go in and compete to the best of our ability. If we can play defense like we did last game and hit our shots we have a shot but the team we are playing is really good and it is a hard place to play. I would be surprised and happy if we win.

6. Agreed, I think they beat up youngsters Fab and Fuller pretty good and RJ isn't as effective when people get physical with him. It will be interesting to see if we can get ugly with them.

7. Dixon usually plays the press Well.

8. In basketball, you gotta hit the shots. No shutouts. If we do, we will probably be OK. Certainly be a challenge for a true Freshman point guard, so keeping my fingers crossed. Avoid turnovers and hit the shots, especially the open 3's.

Still early in the season, a good learning experience for all those except Bane ("not his first rodeo" as GP would say). Good experience to grow up the players (as GP would say).

Lack of shooting the last couple of games worries me the worst.

Wog68 likes this.
  9. I'm placing the o/u at 70

10. WV will force errors. Cant help them by forcing drives that aren’t there. No lazy passes. Might help to get KS more touches inside. Hope to get consistent officiating. Aggressive teams like WV tend to have the advantage of even great officials having subconscious limits on number of fouls they are willing to call. Play in a way that maintains team confidence coming out of the game.

Froggish and Skip Jansen like this.
  11. That's a good observation and I totally agree. Even if a team fouls every possession, only a percentage are going to be called.

As for the game, the two biggest keys I see for the Frogs are-

-Defending without fouling. WVU gets to the FT line at a high rate.

-Winning most of the 50/50 balls. Frogs have been really good at this all year. Unfortunately, so has WVU.

They play 11-12 guys so they do have a lot of fouls to give. Their size bothers me a little but Culver and Oscar aren't on the floor together that many minutes.

Dogfrog likes this.
  12. We’ve played well up there. Bello needs to be the main ball handler

13. WVU gets away with a lot so I hope we can match that physicality.

14. Agreed. Also, I think some coaches make a mistake by trying to chase matchups against WVU (due to their size and depth). Jamie won't do that. He'll stick with his normal substitution patterns.

15. you missed last seasons game in morgantown i take?

16. Probably I reason I don’t remember

17. one little stat sums up the quality of the game in morgantown last year.

15 assists to 24 turnovers

MTfrog5 likes this.
  18. You're becoming as reliable a contra-indicator as BigNurple87 or whatever so I like that you are feeling this way. Take it to the bank that we go in and steal one.

19. He graduated a long time ago so I am not sure how that is supposed to help RJ and FF get the ball up the court.

Francis Xav likes this.

20. Big Kev owes Culver a little pay back as well.

Purp and Francis Xav like this.