• The KillerFrogs

WOW, what a game

SnoSki

Gotta hand it to Cole, the guy can pitch, and it's not like expected anything different. It's a shame Winkler didn't pitch so well tonight, but I love that our team never gave up, even after getting rung up 13 times tonight. I can't help but think that the momentum of the game would have been MUCH different if Weik's long foul had been a HR (it only missed by a foot or so). It would've put us up 2-1, and who knows. Regardless of that, these Frogs DO NOT QUIT. And I am proud to call them my team!

Let's go knock some Seminole heads on Wednesday( or is it Thurs?), then send Purke after the Bru crew on Friday.

We're not finished yet!!

Frogs1983

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 21 2010, 11:32 PM) [snapback]585577[/snapback]
Gotta hand it to Cole, the guy can pitch, and it's not like expected anything different. It's a shame Winkler didn't pitch so well tonight, but I love that our team never gave up, even after getting rung up 13 times tonight. I can't help but think that the momentum of the game would have been MUCH different if Weik's long foul had been a HR (it only missed by a foot or so). It would've put us up 2-1, and who knows. Regardless of that, these Frogs DO NOT QUIT. And I am proud to call them my team!

Let's go knock some Seminole heads on Wednesday( or is it Thurs?), then send Purke after the Bru crew on Friday.

We're not finished yet!!

Ditto on that!He's the real deal.Like you I am proud of the fight our guys showed tonight.Good thing about baseball is you don't have to wait a whole week to stew over a loss.Hope Maxwell brings another Baylor game type performance with him Wednesday night.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 21 2010, 11:32 PM) [snapback]585577[/snapback]
It's a shame Winkler didn't pitch so well tonight

Wink didn't have his stuff right from the get-go tonight. He was falling behind almost every batter. Late in the count, it forced him to serve up very hittable pitches or offer walks. I was calling for him to be yanked after 2.1 innings. Schloss was only 0.1 inning behind me in making that decision. Unfortunately, in that 0.1 inning, UCLA scored another run.

windfarm

Guys fought super hard and didn't give up, but Cole is one tough SOB. Would have finished the game if they had let him. Let's take care of business Wed. and see these guys again!

MO Frogs

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 22 2010, 04:32 AM) [snapback]585577[/snapback]

We're not finished yet!!

Yea I agree that kid pitched a hell of a game! But I wish they Wink had better command tonight or they had pulled him earlier. (I know that its almost impossible to pull the trigger that early but it cost us big.) A few momentum shifts/killers cost us tonight.

I thought (Curry?) getting picked off at first was big. Line shot double play ball to the 3rd baseman cost us a run and the lack of consistent hitting all took the crowd and energy out of the Frogs for most of the game.

The good thing is that I think the Frogs have seen the best that UCLA has to offer and we hung in there. UCLA has yet to see the best that the Frogs can deliver on both sides of the ball. Tonight I saw just how important momentum and energy is in college baseball. Fans can make a HUGE difference at this level!

goldenfrog

I was really proud of this team.

Featherston's triple was just awesome. It was so clutch. The crowd went nuts and it was one of the greatest plays in the history of our program even with loosing the game.

It was just a big time play and made me so proud to be a Frog.

The future for Frog baseball is very bright.