• The KillerFrogs

Would you settle for 5 more years

froglash88

of this mediocrity if you knew he would win a National Championship in year 6? Just a hypothetical but that’s all we really have at this point.

Wexahu

of this mediocrity if you knew he would win a National Championship in year 6? Just a hypothetical but that’s all we really have at this point.
Yes, but that is a totally ridiculous hypothetical. The odds we ever win a national title are about 1 in a million. I just want to see a much better product that what’s been thrown out there the last 5 years, and that is certainly possible.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Yes, but that is a totally ridiculous hypothetical. The odds we ever win a national title are about 1 in a million. I just want to see a much better product that what’s been thrown out there the last 5 years, and that is certainly possible.
The answer is yes if that were possible

Fiscuits

Lol…no Way. We are in year 5 of the last 6 of basically what you are seeing now, mediocre to below mediocre football.
I am surprised by the amount of “shock” that appears to have finally set in. We’ve been this way for a long time.

Patterson is through and has been through for years.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That's really the point, for me at least: Have we seen any signs that the recruits, strategies employed, and people hired in recent years will bear fruit? While 2014-5 fades into the distance, and a significant body of contrary evidence piles up, it seems like "halfway there" is the most likely status of Frog football. A sudden leap of improvement seems unlikely, considering the '14-'15 renaissance was driven by new blood. New Blood is what is needed, and that's not on the menu.

frogteacher70

I find it interesting that the stratospheric rise in coaches’ salaries has led to mediocrity. I remember Sumlin beat Alabama and the Aggies gave him a huge raise and guarantees. We know how that worked out. I can name other coaches who had a brief day in the sun only to falter. is it possible that multimillion dollar salaries and guarantees add to a lack of hunger?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I find it interesting that the stratospheric rise in coaches’ salaries has led to mediocrity. I remember Sumlin beat Alabama and the Aggies gave him a huge raise and guarantees. We know how that worked out. I can name other coaches who had a brief day in the sun only to falter. is it possible that multimillion dollar salaries and guarantees add to a lack of hunger?
The current Aggie HC has a guaranteed $10,000,000 a year for 10 years contract. He is showing grit and fire, when he could have broken out the golf clubs and let the moo-la roll in.

It all depends on the man.

CM Frog

The current Aggie HC has a guaranteed $10,000,000 a year for 10 years contract. He is showing grit and fire, when he could have broken out the golf clubs and let the moo-la roll in.

It all depends on the man.
He did lose to Miss State at home which did not go well with the Aggie faithful

CountryFrog

Obviously. I'd take 5 straight years of 0-12 if we get a NC in year 6.

LOL at anyone trying to turn this into a real question that demands a serious response.

HFrog1999

For most of my career I’ve worked on 100% commission. If I didn’t sell, I didn’t get paid

Maybe we should pay coaches for wins? If you lose, no check!