Would you rather see TCU....

Choose one

• Win the Rose Bowl / NY6 game

Votes: 76 79.2%
  • Lose the NCAA basketball championship game

Votes: 20 20.8%

• Total voters

Wexahu

10 years ago I would've definitely said Rose Bowl/NY6. Today I might say lose the NCAA Final in MBB, just because we've already done the football thing.

Both are/would be amazing accomplishments for a school like TCU...and yes, Texas Tech.

Eight

playing for a championship is the pinnacle for any individual or team in sport.

it is why we keep score, take note of the win's and losses, and in the day of the cfp playoffs the bowl games just don't carry the same attraction as being in any bowl game means you weren't part of the group playing for title.

bowl games are the david simms of post season play and i would prefer the immortality of a title

images

Last edited:

SnoSki

That Rosebowl victory is faded glory. You forgot to list the 1939 Sugar bowl in your survey.
The whole point was to compare things that some would perceive as similar. Yes we won the rose bowl but tech has at least played for a title in a major sport (basketball) since World war 2.

Wexahu

playing for a championship is the pinnacle for any individual or team in sport.

it is why we keep score, take note of the win's and losses, and in the day of the cfp playoffs the bowl games just don't carry the same attraction as being in any bowl game means you weren't part of the group playing for title.

bowl games are the david simms of post season play and i would prefer the immortality of a title

Agreed, but when you factor in the fact that football is so much more important than basketball these days I think it makes the two different scenarios much more equal. If you play in and win a Rose Bowl/NY6 game you have a championship-caliber team, and when you have that in by far the most important, relevant sport that is about as good as it gets.

Would you rather be an Alabama or Kentucky fan?

Eight

Agreed, but when you factor in the fact that football is so much more important than basketball these days I think it makes the two different scenarios much more equal. If you play in and win a Rose Bowl/NY6 game you have a championship-caliber team, and when you have that in by far the most important, relevant sport that is about as good as it gets.

Would you rather be an Alabama or Kentucky fan?

v6BhEMu.gif

bronco

I will take (relatively) consistent above average play in the big three sports over an extended period of time with the occasional shot at a championship over a one time shot at a title.

I was thinking the same thing. Look at College World Series. Going four times in a row was quite an accomplishment. Would you rather 4 trips in a row or go once and win it all. I think I lean to the four trips.

YA

Just for reference

The Rose bowl had a 11.3 rating or 20.558 million viewers
The NCAA championship had 12.4 rating or 22 million viewers

Latest posts