• The KillerFrogs

Would TCU Join A Super Conference?

Putt4Purple

As a follow up to Purpleblood87 post above. I heard second hand about this rumor AND Donoti was in Chicago to meet Big10 officials today!. So there's that to chew on and mull over.

HG73

I heard this also. On QAnon I think. Maybe tiktok. I wonder if he's using the same materials as CDC used in his meeting with Deloss.

LisaLT

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Froginbedford

tetonfrog

If and right now a very big if Donoti was there and we joined such an alliance, there has to be more schools nearer to FW or we become the West Virginia of the plans in that is a very long ways to go to play other teams.
If Donati is smart, he is selling the TCU-KU duo to the Big 10 as travel partners. If the Big 10 wants to expand into Texas, choose TCU and not Baylor or UH. Focus on media markets, strong hoops, fertile recruiting area and an upswing in football.

Doubt it would work, but flying from Chicago to DFW and KC is a lot easier than Seattle and Eugene.

Endless Purple

Posted this elsewhere, but also thought here might be good:

OK. Went through a bunch of listings for financial values of teams and rankings and historical values to see who might be targeted. I broke it into 3 categories: the top 25 must haves, 15 really high on list, and 13 fringe teams. I did NOT write those list, just looked at who was on them. Plus these are football priority, not basketball, but that really only affected the historical listings not financial values.

In the top 25 category there were 5 teams not already in the B1G or SEC: No surprises here.
Oregon and Washington plus Notre Dame, Florida St and Clemson

In the next group of high in the top 40: 11 were not in the B1g and SEC
Virginia Tech, Miami, N Carolina, Georgia Tech, NC State from ACC. Arizona St, Stanford, and Utah from PAC. Oklahoma St, Texas Tech and TCU from Big 12

The fringe group had 11 from non-B1G/SEC
Louisville and Pitt, Cal, Arizona and Colorado, plus WVU, Kansas St, Baylor, Iowa St, BYU, Kansas

HG73

If and right now a very big if Donoti was there and we joined such an alliance, there has to be more schools nearer to FW or we become the West Virginia of the plans in that is a very long ways to go to play other teams.
About like the MWC. And we were about to join the BigEast. Lots of air miles.

We'd be in a division with USC,UCLA,NEB,IOWA,MINN,WISC,NW and ILL. A bunch of winnable games. Academic snobbery. Especially to ut/am. The research $$. Oh, and the hunnerd million dollars.

Yes, please make me travel to those places.

asleep003

If and right now a very big if Donoti was there and we joined such an alliance, there has to be more schools nearer to FW or we become the West Virginia of the plains in that is a very long ways to go to play other teams.
Actually, you're talking about a 2-3 Hour flight in the same time zone(accept for UCLA/USC once yr.) in most probable West div. alignment.

Can see BIG looking at a very rich recruiting market that would also expand the interest(of 4th largest US metro area) into the new super league.