• The KillerFrogs

Would anyone want to see TCU play USC?

Wexahu

Actually he did have the pull - he got it scheduled. it was GP who wanted to H&H changed to a one and done in Arlington

the LSU game was the Cowboy Classic - which is obviously played every year and is never at home and home for either team

and CDC pushed GP to play both opponents despite his initial hesitation - otherwise during his tenure we would never have seen LSU or tOSU - GP wanted wins and warm ups for conference not great OOC games the fans want to see

it was CDCs argument about perception and what playing those schools would mean for the pyramid - so ADs that work from a position of strength actually do have

This was all presented directly by CDC during a first team discussion with GP right after the tOSU games were announced when someone asked if this type of schedule was a trend we should see in future - so it’s not like it is really any secret

notice what P5 OOC opponents have been scheduled since CDC left...

As I have said before, I like Jeremiah but he was hired to keep the status quo because we had our coaches in all major sports set not push an agenda - but he seems to not push at all and it would be nice to have someone that could push at least in some things

I seem to remember the LSU game initially being a home and home and was changed to one at JerryWorld just like Ohio State. Maybe it was conveniently turned into the Cowboy Classic.

flyfishingfrog

I seem to remember the LSU game initially being a home and home and was changed to one at JerryWorld just like Ohio State. Maybe it was conveniently turned into the Cowboy Classic.
Could be - definitely not saying CDC was above sacrificing a home game the fans wanted for $5 mil in cash - he was a used car salesman at heart

but he definitely had the influence and respect inside the athletic dept and outside campus to get things like LSU and tOSU done when we hadn’t had that clout in a long time

I don’t see that happening now.

Latest posts