• The KillerFrogs

Worst Stadiums in College Football, you may be surprised.

I totally disagree with them about the Alamodome. Actually I wish TCU would of copied the Alamodome when they built the new stadium, but a way more updated one. Alamodome is loud and comfortable (the right temperature) and I really enjoyed all the games I have been to in there.

TCU had the money to build a similar structure and the home field advantage would of been just right with how loud that place would be. When TCU fans were yelling on that last drive of Oregon vs. TCU it was the best home field advantage I have ever seen TCU have. Lots of luxury suites. And the indoor facility would of really satisfied a lot of what our fan base and alumni were, is, and are looking for.

Zubaz

I totally disagree with them about the Alamodome. Actually I wish TCU would of copied the Alamodome when they built the new stadium, but a way more updated one. Alamodome is loud and comfortable (the right temperature) and I really enjoyed all the games I have been to in there.

TCU had the money to build a similar structure and the home field advantage would of been just right with how loud that place would be. When TCU fans were yelling on that last drive of Oregon vs. TCU it was the best home field advantage I have ever seen TCU have. Lots of luxury suites. And the indoor facility would of really satisfied a lot of what our fan base and alumni were, is, and are looking for.
As a traditionalist, I don't want an indoor turf stadium, but totally agree that the 4th downs on Oregon's 1st and 3rd OT drives had that place rocking louder than I've ever heard AGC.

tcudoc

The old Astrodome for the Mattress Bowl was pretty bad. I recall going as a kid and being in awe of it. Many years later, it was much less impressive.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Sam Boyd (UNLV) should be WAY higher. I took a trip out there around 2006 I believe in our Mountain West days. I can name 20 HS complexes in DFW nicer.

I'll always remember the usher asking me if TCU stood for Texas State University. He was dead serious.

Eight

I thought they bulldozed it. I heard that the Katrina fugitives trashed it beyond recognition.

nope, it now has a texas historical commission designation so even if they wanted to tear it down they would have to get approval by the thc.

last plan by the harris county commissioners was to basically fill in the field area and i believe lower seats to create a parking garage generating revenue for the county and then using the concourses and "roof" of the parking garage for event space.

total cost was estimated at just over $100M and the commissioners all agreed on the plan.

one small issue, the approved plan did not deal with the issue of the repair/replacing the air conditioning system in the dome. emmett and the commissioners approved the plan knowing they had not addressed what they were going to do about the ac system, basically kicking the proverbial can down the road.

harvey hit and now the group is focused on the $2.5B bound project to address flooding issues so once again the astrodome goes on the back burner costing the county money and going further into disrepair.

Atomic Frawg

If you sit on the lower bowl in the upper rows the sight lines are horrible in the Alamodome. You lose sight of the ball on deep passes, and and if people stand up you can lose sight of the field. It's so bad they compensate by adding TV's screens in those areas for you to look at instead.

SuperBarrFrog

If you sit on the lower bowl in the upper rows the sight lines are horrible in the Alamodome. You lose sight of the ball on deep passes, and and if people stand up you can lose sight of the field. It's so bad they compensate by adding TV's screens in those areas for you to look at instead.

I got stuck with this view at the last Alamo Bowl. Everything else was good though.

Limp Lizard

I did not like how they used the fans as a large part of the evaluation. By that logic, if Rice and SMU played at Jerryworld, that is an awful stadium.

I always heard the Nebraska stadium was poor because half (40%? anyway a lot) of the seats are beyond the goal line, with a bunch even beyond the end zone. Of course due to the fans it is a great experience, but as a stadium...

Wexahu

I did not like how they used the fans as a large part of the evaluation. By that logic, if Rice and SMU played at Jerryworld, that is an awful stadium.

I always heard the Nebraska stadium was poor because half (40%? anyway a lot) of the seats are beyond the goal line, with a bunch even beyond the end zone. Of course due to the fans it is a great experience, but as a stadium...

Wow, I just looked up pictures of Nebraska's stadium, you're right, what a horrible design. It's like they had a nice 30,000 seat place once and all the additions since have been in the end zones. End zone seating literally looks like more than half the total.