• The KillerFrogs

Worst Defensive Performance of the Patterson Era?

ThisIsOurTime

Giving up a half a hundred to lowly Iowa State has to be up there. Even in the bad 2013 season, we had nothing like this and we used a walkon at linebacker then.

ThisIsOurTime

Not even close
Which games do you think were worse? I saw we lost to WV 47-10 last year but that was when we deep in our QB carousel. In comparison this one was far worse I think. And prior to joining the Big 12, I am not sure what it could be. Maybe the loss to Tech at Tech? But even there, Tech was a better team than ISU.

y2kFrog

Giving up a half a hundred to lowly Iowa State has to be up there. Even in the bad 2013 season, we had nothing like this and we used a walkon at linebacker then.

There were a lot of ridiculously bad performance in 2004 against way worse teams. Giving up 41 to South Dakota State was pretty inexcusable as well.

LVH

Our 2013 defense was one of our best. The defense wasnt the problem that year.

As I have pointed out we are getting ZERO production from the defensive end position on both pass rushing and run defense. ZERO. Iowa State ran runs to the perimeter right at our ends damn near every run play of the 2nd half. And then knew they could drop back to pass with ease knowing there would be no pressure.

This defense is very reliant on the front 4. It doesn't matter how the secondary or linebackers play if the defensive front dont make plays.

LVH

There were a lot of ridiculously bad performance in 2004 against way worse teams. Giving up 41 to South Dakota State was pretty inexcusable as well.

And what was our main problem in 2016? Defensive line play

This defense feasts and famines on the defensive line

puckster59

Was it 2004 and we were playing for a bowl and that defense let Tulane go 99 yards for the game-winning score. I don’t remember the numbers but that had to be the worse defense Patterson ever fielded.

FinanceFrog

i was at a game in houston in early 2000s where neither team stopped the other one once. that was the worst defense ive ever seen, from both sides.