• The KillerFrogs

Wolverines Wire: Michigan has one advantage over TCU: It’s been here before

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Michigan has one advantage over TCU: It’s been here before

Isaiah Hole

1d80c64245a80f1c89c2adcc20ac171f

ANN ARBOR, Mich. — When you’re one of the top four teams in college football, some advantages can be razor-thin. But Michigan football has one that TCU does not: it has played in the College Football Playoff before.

While a 34-11 drubbing at the hands of Georgia isn’t ideal, given that the Wolverines have now been through the process, having experienced the spotlight and everything that comes with being in the top four, the maize and blue now know how not to be distracted by all of the pomp and circumstance while focusing on the task at hand.

Given that TCU is entering its first CFP, it’s a storm that Michigan is more prepared to weather.

Read more at https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-one-advantage-over-tcu-211721653.html

Planks

There is definitely an advantage to being there before, we certainly remember the difference in our team between the 2009 Fiesta Bowl and the 2010 Rose Bowl (though the Boise State matchup certainly played a role as well).

Michigan has had a year to try and figure out how to improve and do things better this time around. They know where they were lacking last year and have had time to try and fix their deficiencies. Last year quarterback Cade McNamara led them to a victory over heated rival Ohio State, won them the Big 10, and took them to the playoffs. And even so, they were willing to bench him this year in favor of an unproven JJ McCarthy because they felt them would need more dynamic quarterback play to be able to win in the playoffs.

While I hate that TCU lost out on a conference title because we had to play in a completely unnecessary Big 12 title game, part of me does wonder if it might help our chances a little bit in the playoffs. It gave our players experience in a high stakes, championship type game at a big time neutral site NFL stadium. It’s not the same as having experience in the playoffs, but it’s not nothing. I’m sure there are some learning opportunities for our team and our coaches to take from that loss. That game probably highlighted some areas that we need to try and improve upon during the month off. I hate that we lost the game because we failed to score from the 1 yard line in overtime, but that’s a lesson I’d rather our coaches and players have learned against KSU than against Michigan. We have a month to try and figure out how to not fail like that again.

ftwfrog

Lol. The article doesn’t even point out that most of TCU players haven’t even played in a bowl game before. I think that’s a bigger factor than UM getting drubbed in the CFP last year.

And think about that, it’s been since Dec 2018 since TCU played in a bowl game, and here we are, the #3 team in the CFP!?

Sonny, you magician you!!

Palliative Care

Dear Michigan Fans:
By now somethings you have been in denial about may start to to enter your consciousness:
1. TCU is not a Cinderella team
2. You may not be the intimidating bullies that you think you are
3. There is a definite possibility that you will not get to the championship game this time either.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Dear Michigan Fans:
By now somethings you have been in denial about may start to to enter your consciousness:
3. There is a definite possibility that you will not get to the championship game this time either.
on the other hand…

Toad Jones

Dear Michigan Fans:
I like no. 2--arrangance is not new to us. We endure the likes of OU and TX twice a year. TX is the king of arrogance, and they have not fared well against us. I don't mind any label such as Cinderella. We found the glass slipper thing and wear them well.

We reside in Ft. Worth. It's known as where the west begins. That has nothing to do with geographical location, but an attitude to survive in difficult conditions. It helps if you're tough, ornery and likely like not to give up. (note how many times we did that this season.)

Our facilities are mostly located in a horse barn, and we use kerosene lanterns for light when the sun sits. But we manage, and have for a hundred years or so.

Our kids are like your kids, 18, 19, 20 years, I think it's the adults who are spell bound. Anxiety with adults is common down here too. After 12 games, it's still a football game to be played, and we'll play it and probably play it well.

Looking forward to it!