• The KillerFrogs

with spring football, hope springs eternal........

CryptoMiner

Spring focus will be on developing Josh at QB and how the offense will change with Briles as OC and Chandler running the show.

Morris is not the hard-nosed QB that was Duggan but he excels in getting the ball out quickly and on target. Should see shallower routes and more rub plays. Like the receiver group returning and the transfers. Lots of speed in Everhart, Richardson, Earle, Hudson, Bailey, Fluellen, etc.

Player I want to see step up is Landyn Watson. Listed as a LBer but could move to DL to replace Horton.

OL looks stout and they will try Garrett Hayes (6-5/320) out on DL as a result.

LBs and DBs are solid. Terrence Cooks should see lots of PT now that he is healthy.

Does Cam Cook step into the depth chart?

Last edited:

Eight

Spring focus will be on developing Josh at QB and how the offense will change with Briles as OC and Chandler running the show.

Morris is not the hard-nosed QB that was Duggan but he excels in getting the ball out quickly and on target. Should see shallower routes and more rub plays. Like the receiver group returning and the transfers. Lots of speed in Everhart, Richardson, Earle, Hudson, Bailey, Fluellen, etc.

Player I want to see step up is Landyn Watson. Listed as a LBer but could move to DL to replace Horton.

OL looks stout and they will try Garrett Hayes (6-5/320) out on DL as a result.

LBs and DBs are solid. Terrence Cooks should see lots of PT now that he is healthy.

Does Cam Cook step into the depth chart?

thanks crypto, have been curious about watson

only have seen his high school tape so wasn't sure if he had the skills needed to play olb for gillespie

outside the ecu transfer they really don't have anyone who has played that position and that would be expecting a great deal from your red-shirt and true frosh to contribute at such a key position.

very interesting about hayes on both sides of the ball.

how open is ricker to finding his five best offensive linemen and then building depth behind that group with players who can play multiple positions?

will we see a player like nichols slide inside or are there other prospects for those interior positions?

defensively, your proven big bodies are dam, fox,and ty, so the idea of trying garrett on defense indicates to me they aren't sure (or are) if lingren is an option and don't see blue and misi as options...or i am way off.

Last edited:

Eight

Hey art - welcome back and thanks for making an account

Yes - losing to Boise State / UVA when you’re at FSU is a terrible track record

so is making KJ Jefferson regress over the years.

remind me, fsu in 2019 they were in year 2 of willie taggart's tenure and had been 5-7 the year before, they lost their returning sr qb in the spring, and that uva team was actually ranked unlike fsu

as far as the boise loss, thought that was a fairly high scoring game

concerning kj jefferson, guess so, but trying to understand 2021 season

hogs scored 40 on then #15 texas, beat then #7 atm, scored 51 against then #17 ole miss, scored 31 to beat then #17 miss state, and scored 35 on then #2 bama

they did get beat 37-0 by uga, but for some reason that doesn't look so bad

sure all can be explained and i have no idea what happened with jefferson or how it will go at tcu

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

Need another Qb

Ideally but developing Josh is key. Not many transfers are looking to be backups, at least not any of the good ones. When the portal opens again on May 1 there should be significant activity and what happens this spring will determine how aggressive they get.

McFroggin

Ideally but developing Josh is key. Not many transfers are looking to be backups, at least not any of the good ones. When the portal opens again on May 1 there should be significant activity and what happens this spring will determine how aggressive they get.

Our Heisman runner up QB left. The QB room is open. We aren’t selling it as a back-up, but we aren’t guaranteeing anyone anything.