• The KillerFrogs

Wish Scott and Wes Could Have Seen This

ShreveFrog

Yes, visited my Dad, Leap Frog, at his gravesite, once on Friday and again today while I was home for Thanksgiving. We would be having great talks and laughs about these Frogs right now. Told him when I left this morning, “We did it last night! I hope they win it all for you!” We took our faithful Mom, who adopted the Frogs because of Dad back in the ‘50s, to yesterday’s game and a few others this year and recent years. Dad could not go to games anymore after the ‘16 season. We lost him in ‘20. But at age 86, Mom can still hoof it back to the car after the game no prob.
Yeah, Scott and Wes are surely planning a big New Years football celebration up there somewhere. Miss them, too.

Last edited:

TCURiggs

Yes, visited my Dad, Leap Frog, at his gravesite, once on Friday and again today while I was home for Thanksgiving. We would be having great talks and laughs about these Frogs right now. Told him when I left this morning, “We did it last night! I hope they win it all for you!” We took our faithful Mom, who adopted the Frogs because of Dad back in the ‘50s, to yesterday’s game and a few others this year and recent years. Dad could not go to games anymore after the ‘16 season. We lost him in ‘20. But at age 86, Mom can still hoof it back to the car after the game no prob.
Yeah, Scott and Wes are surely planning a big New Years football celebration up there somewhere. Miss them, too.

It was good to see you on Saturday, bud!

CryptoMiner

Did we determine that old scribe was Mr. Jenkins?

No, that was a different poster. Oldscripe did work at the Star Telegram for many years.

Edit: saw the responses above so late to the game as usual....

Remember Purple Geezer made a remark about the referees after one game (wishing ill upon all of them) that ZebraFrog (who is still with us) took much offense to and rightfully so even if it was in a joking fashion. I asked Zebra if he knew who Purple Geezer was and he was shocked. Actually think that was the last time Jenkins posted on here as he realized certain wit doesn't translate well on the boards.

Last edited: