• The KillerFrogs

Winners and Losers In The Realignment Wars

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
With the SEC model of 14 teams, two divisions, and a Championship, why wouldn't the B12 try to do the same? The SEC model results in plenty of wins for their members, and keeps the ratings high. The PAC is eminently poachable. Hell, booting the rapists to the curb and bringing in 5 of the PAC would be fabulous!

Seems to me that UT would benefit greatly from having a schedule with fewer Conference games and more wins. After all, it's What Is Best For UT. All other considerations are secondary...

Hell Sent Frog

There is a possibility that the SEC and the SEC Network could decide they would like to have a real presence in the DFW area and its tv market, the fourth biggest college sports tv market in the country, and decide the best way to do that is to invite TCU into the SEC.

It could happen at the same time the BiG made a play for UT and OU.
A Pac-12 interest in TCU could help push the SEC.

A scenario like this could offer the biggest leap forward, especially financially, for TCU.

Last edited:

BankerFrog

There is a possibility that the SEC and the SEC Network could decide they would like to have a real presence in the DFW area and its tv market, the fourth biggest college sports tv market in the country, and decide the best way to do that is to invite TCU into the SEC.

A Pac-12 interest in TCU could help push the SEC.

A scenario like this could offer the biggest leap forward, especially financially, for TCU.
No offense, but this is an insane theory. 1st of all, TAMU holds a veto on every team in Texas, they won't want another Texas team in. Secondly, they already have a small private school in Vandy, no sense for them to bring us in.

Eight

The Pac-12 could actually force the SEC's hand.

A scenario like this would offer the biggest leap forward, especially financially, for TCU.

ou isn't going anywhere without osu and the horns would have to give up their third tier rights to fight under the big 10 tv model.

i also am not sure how much tcu actually brings in regards to eyeballs on the television. yes, the frogs-ohio state game was the highest rated game of that week and drew very well, but when you go back and look at the tcu game broadcast unless it was a game involving ou or texas the ratings barely moved the needle.

if you are the sec is it worth adding another team when you can periodically schedule games in arlington?

Hell Sent Frog

No offense, but this is an insane theory. 1st of all, TAMU holds a veto on every team in Texas, they won't want another Texas team in. Secondly, they already have a small private school in Vandy, no sense for them to bring us in.

I'm not offended. A$M is certainly the biggest roadblock. But when TCU was invited to the SWC a hundred years ago, the Aggies voted us in. So, it's not an insane theory.

From a realignment standpoint, comparing Vanderbilt to TCU is the same as comparing the Nashville area to the DFW area. Have you flown over the ever growing Metroplex and its 7.5 Million inhabitants recently?

Last edited:

tcujsauce

Aggie hasn’t done jack squat since joining the SEC. Mired in 3rd place or worse in the SEC west, crap basketball, and of course, all of their best baseball teams were eliminated by the team that replaced them, and was an upgrade, in the Big XII.

Their bball team is about to get good, fast.

HG73

Saw where Uconn left the AAC for the Catholic church league. Didn't the AAC just get a pay raise with their new TV deal? What is the motive there?

HG73

Texas isn't going anywhere, nor is Oklahoma. I'm good with 10. Didn't like the championship game, but I have come around. If the favorite wins they get in the playoffs. Matching #1 and #2 beats any other championship game most years. Smart leadership.

Seems to me that the current money situation will make some PAC and ACC teams come knocking on our door. A good team should make, what, $5million in third tier money plus the better TV contract.

bc puckett

Saw where Uconn left the AAC for the Catholic church league. Didn't the AAC just get a pay raise with their new TV deal? What is the motive there?

Living in Ct and following the news of the last few days for amusement purposes, as I loathe all things UConn especially their delusional fans, apparently the new deal with the AAC was going to hurt their BB deal, especially the WBB team which I guess is a big thing to some people, with SNY and force people to pay to watch the games on ESPN+. This seemed to be the last straw as people here as been clamoring for a return to the Big East since they left even if it meant getting rid of their joke of a football team altogether.

Eight

Enough profit to pass up a $5million new TV contract?

uconn is losing money hand over fist in football, never really fit in the aac, can't sell their third tier rights under the new aac contract, and the basketball contract for the big east is pretty damn strong,

they might take in less overall, but will end up netting more, football will take a step back, and basketball will be back home in an incredibly strong conference.