• The KillerFrogs

Will this be the Big12s most competitive season?

WhatTheFrog

For Big 12 furthering upward perception they need to really come out and win vs. OOC foes and in the bowl games. The crazy scoring in Big 12 will be respected as long as Big 12 does the same against the non conference competition.
TCU can't continue to be the only one carrying the water for the conference in bowl games. We definitely showed the world in the Peach Bowl what we (and the conference, to a lesser extent) were about. We SMOKED what was supposed to be one of the best sec defenses, and showed them what shutdown defense was really about.

I so loved that game...

Evlo59

I agree with this premise... the most interesting thing so far about OU is that they have yet to name Hurts the starter. To me this is either A) my own over analysis or B) an underrated story. You dont have a transfer of that high of profile and not name him the starter unless there are a bunch of questions. I tend to believe this year is truly up for grabs. I do think UT will struggle, particularly if Ehlinger gets dinged. OU will certainly be OU... unless they arent. I also have questions about the ISU hype, they lost their all world WR and RB... i dont believe they just reload at those positions just yet. We all know our QB question marks. You have what 4 new coaches this year, to me the one to be careful with is Baylor. Im just reading the tea leaves here but Im keeping an eye on Waco

Froggish

Not true. ACC was on the brink of the perception of what the Pac12 is going through now. They were the laughing stock of the P5. How people forget. Just by you saying this shows you how winning a championship can change a perception of a conference.

Agree to disagree...I don’t think Miami, Fla St or anyone else in that conference is more respected today now that they are a doormat for Clemson. To me it’s still a hoops conference.

I agree with this premise... the most interesting thing so far about OU is that they have yet to name Hurts the starter. To me this is either A) my own over analysis or B) an underrated story. You dont have a transfer of that high of profile and not name him the starter unless there are a bunch of questions. I tend to believe this year is truly up for grabs. I do think UT will struggle, particularly if Ehlinger gets dinged. OU will certainly be OU... unless they arent. I also have questions about the ISU hype, they lost their all world WR and RB... i dont believe they just reload at those positions just yet. We all know our QB question marks. You have what 4 new coaches this year, to me the one to be careful with is Baylor. Im just reading the tea leaves here but Im keeping an eye on Waco

Baylor has a QB. Anytime you’re solidified at QB you have a chance. I live in OK amongst the non stop OU talk. There is no controversy and Hurts is 100% the starter. Riley pulled this stupidity last year also

LVH

Clemson’s dominance has not created any more respect for the ACC..It is considered Clem and a bunch of average football teams. There are plenty of people who talk about the B12 the same way

I dont think people quite understand how bad the ACC was last year. Their 2nd best team was either Syracuse or an NC State team that lost by 40 to A&M in their bowl game.

LVH

We really don't know how good WVU or KSU is. Looking at recruiting seems Kansas is going to be a tougher team to beat. And for that matter they did beat TCU last year so they do have talent to even win now. Texas Tech has been making great decisions when it comes to hiring, we dont know yet how they will look under Wells. They sure have a QB which is huge.

WVU is in a bad situation. I expect them, not Kansas, to finish last in the Big 12 this year and honesty would not be surprised to see them lose their opener to James Madison.

Kansas State is in a Year 0 situation. They'll have a year similar to Matt Campbell's first year at Iowa State.

I see 4 tiers in the Big 12.

A Tier: Oklahoma

B Tier: Texas, TCU, Iowa State

C Tier: Baylor, Oklahoma State

D Tier: WVU, Texas Tech, Kansas, Kansas State

I think Baylor and Oklahoma State's offenses will be good but until I see something from them defensively they are behind the other Tier B teams.

Froggish

WVU is in a bad situation. I expect them, not Kansas, to finish last in the Big 12 this year and honesty would not be surprised to see them lose their opener to James Madison.

Kansas State is in a Year 0 situation. They'll have a year similar to Matt Campbell's first year at Iowa State.

I see 4 tiers in the Big 12.

A Tier: Oklahoma

B Tier: Texas, TCU, Iowa State

C Tier: Baylor, Oklahoma State

D Tier: WVU, Texas Tech, Kansas, Kansas State

I think Baylor and Oklahoma State's offenses will be good but until I see something from them defensively they are behind the other Tier B teams.

Probably accurate...Although if you posed that same question to Okie St fans they would say we belong in tier C until we show we can play offense..It all eye of the beholder after OU