• The KillerFrogs

Will Smoo lose their next 5 games?

LVH

Why would we "most certainly" be 5-1? Are you certain we would have won at La Tech and Navy? SMU beat us by 8 at our place. They only beat La Tech and Navy by 7. La Tech took them to overtime. Seems like there is at least a decent chance we would have lost at La Tech, and with our run defense, at Navy. It's not like we never lose to below average teams.

I just don't like those kind of arguments. We haven't beaten a good team yet, unless you want to call TT good (and they lost to UT by 35 points). Duquense, 1-5 Cal (by two at home), and Texas Tech.....that's who we've proven we can beat. Why is it such a no-brainer that we run through SMU's schedule?

I think so, Massey Rating composite rank of SMU's opponents

North Texas 124
LA Tech 103
TCU 49
South Florida 111
Navy 110
Tulane 109

I would certainly think we would be able to beat teams ranked in the 100s.

Wexahu

I think so, Massey Rating composite rank of SMU's opponents

North Texas 124
LA Tech 103
TCU 49
South Florida 111
Navy 110
Tulane 109

I would certainly think we would be able to beat teams ranked in the 100s.
It's all conjecture though.

The bottom line is.....

SMU 42
TCU 34

SMU 39
La Tech 37

SMU 31
Navy 24

Maybe we would beat those teams. Maybe we wouldn't. Cal is #82 in the Massey ratings and we beat them at home by 2 and the game was in doubt to the very end.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Don't forget San Diego State in 2010 - we spotted them 14 right out of the gate by giving up a trick play TD on the first play of the game, followed by a block in the back penalty on the kickoff, fumbling our first play deep inside our own territory and SDSU scoring another TD and we were down 14-0 quick. Then we scored 37 unanswered and took our foot off the gas and gave up a couple long TD passes where Jason Teague was beat 1 on 1 and all of a sudden we have to recover an onside kick to win the game. Against a better team that would have been a loss.
There was that small matter of Eddie Williamson having a heart attack just before the game...

CM Frog

So they need to go basically undefeated or beat a top 5 team to get any respect? I don't know what's so terrible about just saying they are a pretty good team and leave it at that.

Frog fans are really showing their insecurity here IMO.
Smu is a good offensive football team no doubt Their defense is very bad/ slow and against most top 30 teams would give up 60 plus points.

CM Frog

SMU is a better coached and more entertaining team. They whooped us physically on our home field.

I tip my hat to Dykes and what he is building on the Hilltop.SMU is definitely trending in a better direction than the Frogs right now.
Why do you bother? Go to Dallas and be an Smu fan - all 15k of them.
They will regress very quickly in the near future.

SuperTFrog

I am sorry that you scared by simple facts. You must be the Purple Kool Aid guy that believes GP still has what it takes be an elite coach. Personally, I like to live in reality.
Literally nothing you said was a fact. Every bit of it was an opinion. They are better coached. They are more entertaining. They are trending in a better direction. Those are all opinions.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Literally nothing you said was a fact. Every bit of it was an opinion. They are better coached. They are more entertaining. They are trending in a better direction. Those are all opinions.
With every witness Steel prepares for deposition, he explains to them the difference between facts and opinions and most of them don't get it.

A couple weeks ago, Steel was presenting a corporate representative, and the lawyer asked a couple of opinion questions, and Steel instructed the witness not to answer because corporations don't have opinions (or brains, or the normative ability to form an opinion) and the other lawyer took forever to understand this simple concept.

The TCU Football Jerk

Why would we "most certainly" be 5-1? Are you certain we would have won at La Tech and Navy? SMU beat us by 8 at our place. They only beat La Tech and Navy by 7. La Tech took them to overtime. Seems like there is at least a decent chance we would have lost at La Tech, and with our run defense, at Navy. It's not like we never lose to below average teams.

I just don't like those kind of arguments. We haven't beaten a good team yet, unless you want to call TT good (and they lost to UT by 35 points). Duquense, 1-5 Cal (by two at home), and Texas Tech.....that's who we've proven we can beat. Why is it such a no-brainer that we run through SMU's schedule?

Exactly. We are dog scat until we beat anyone of substance. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Klaw

Fact SMU beat TCU last 2 games played
Fact SMU ran the ball down our throat this year at our house
Fact GP has underperformed the last 4 years
Fact SMU is 7-0 and ranked and TCU is 3-3 and we are praying for a bowl game

Conclusion based upon common sense, SMu is Better team than TCU this season.

SuperTFrog

Fact SMU beat TCU last 2 games played
Fact SMU ran the ball down our throat this year at our house
Fact GP has underperformed the last 4 years
Fact SMU is 7-0 and ranked and TCU is 3-3 and we are praying for a bowl game

Conclusion based upon common sense, SMu is Better team than TCU this season.
You are struggling, man. Only the first one is a fact. The other three are opinions (we are praying for a bowl game…)

Pharm Frog

With every witness Steel prepares for deposition, he explains to them the difference between facts and opinions and most of them don't get it.

A couple weeks ago, Steel was presenting a corporate representative, and the lawyer asked a couple of opinion questions, and Steel instructed the witness not to answer because corporations don't have opinions (or brains, or the normative ability to form an opinion) and the other lawyer took forever to understand this simple concept.

I like it when people tell me “That’s just your opinion.” And I can respond, “Nope…it’s a plain and simple fact.” Few people understand that it is a fact…could be a false fact but a fact nonetheless. Pretty sure that doesn’t cut it in court though.

Had a great boss once tell me that the company is just an ink stain on a business card. No capacity to think, form an opinion, demonstrate loyalty, or love you back. So please don’t say you “love this company”. Your love is destined to be unrequited.