• The KillerFrogs

Wichita State vs. Houston - Arena is an exact copy of Daniel Meyer.

If you ever went to a basketball game at Wichita State, you know their gym and Daniel Meyer were exact replica, all the way down to which way the doors swung. After their 33-0 season, they raised money to renovate but if you turn on this game now on ESPN2, it will look very familiar.

Big Frog II

If you ever went to a basketball game at Wichita State, you know their gym and Daniel Meyer were exact replica, all the way down to which way the doors swung. After their 33-0 season, they raised money to renovate but if you turn on this game now on ESPN2, it will look very familiar.
Ole Miss' arena was an exact copy as well. They have built a new one to replace it.

froginaustin

I think dedication inscription at DMC said LBJ dedicated the building, when he was still just a US Senator. If anyone could get $$$’s out, my guess is LBJ was in for some of that.
??
LBJ got a kickback from the designers (probably architects and/or arc engineers) because he dedicated the building?
Strange supposition.

This seems correct, since the Wichita State arena was built in '53 and the original Daniel Meyer in '61.

And despite the resemblance in the rafters, the arenas aren't close to an exact replica, since Koch holds 10,506 for basketball, which is more than a little larger than Schollmaier's 6,800--or 8,400 with the mystery seating that @This Ain't Chopped Liver keeps asking about.
Since Wichita State was 33-0 when they renovated their place, I wonder if they added seats at that time?

I
Marrying a rich girl doesn’t factor?
I think Lady Bird inherited less than $20,000 and it came during WWII. LBJ had her buy a radio station from a Texas oil & gas guy and that was the beginning of the media empire. Also see Sid Richardson behind the scenes as FDR’s son married a Fort Worth girl, Ruth Goggins, who bought a radio station in Fort Worth called KFJZ. Elliott Roosevelt was making more in the 1930’s than FDR and living in Fort Worth at a ranch that is now Benbrook lake.

Wog68

Was there for TCU’s appearance in the NCAA tournament in 1968. The greats James Cash and Mickey McCarty played. We beat Kansas State then was routed by Houston which made the final four.
Was there also. The Big E and company were way too tough.