• The KillerFrogs

Why is Gary's Secondary Clueless?

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel watched them again today, as he is wont to do; not just on the field but on the sidelines as they are getting screamed at and spat upon by LHCGMFP.

You all are worried about our O--what about our D!!?

This is a Cal team that scored 17 against Nevada a week ago; last year, they scored 10 against UCLA, and didn't score 32 against ANYBODY. The last time they scored 32 was the 33 they scored 11/24/18. Offensive juggernaut it is not.

Ya think B12 has some more prolific offensive units?

These DBs today were walking around with their hands up in that "What did I do wrong" or "What do I do?" way -- looked totally confused. If it wasn't for #1 who is a superior ballplayer, we lose this game for sure.

Moose Stuff

Steel watched them again today, as he is wont to do; not just on the field but on the sidelines as they are getting screamed at and spat upon by LHCGMFP.

You all are worried about our O--what about our D!!?

This is a Cal team that scored 17 against Nevada a week ago; last year, they scored 10 against UCLA, and didn't score 32 against ANYBODY. The last time they scored 32 was the 33 they scored 11/24/18. Offensive juggernaut it is not.

Ya think B12 has some more prolific offensive units?

These DBs today were walking around with their hands up in that "What did I do wrong" or "What do I do?" way -- looked totally confused. If it wasn't for #1 who is a superior ballplayer, we lose this game for sure.

In fairness their offense only scored 26.

EdKamen

I don't know when Daniels is gonna be ready, but he was probable before Duquesne, so who knows?

In Caeser's defense ... that is the essence of a Patterson defense -- the safeties can fly around because he always, always, always leaves his CB's on islands. Which is great if your name is Quincy Butler or Rafael Priest or that Verrett or Gladney guy.

Not so hot when it's a second-string guy.

EdKamen

Who are you Froggy Style?

If you even sniffed the campus of TCU, then your post is idiotic.

If you just like to sound stupid, you have succeeded.

No one is perfect.

If if I had a college football team and needed someone to run my defense ... well, I think you get my point.

Patterson doesn't actually PLAY, you get that right?

Klaw

No one is perfect.

If if I had a college football team and needed someone to run my defense ... well, I think you get my point.

froggstyle is correct; our football have been average to below average since Kenny hill left

Pharm Frog

No one is perfect.

Then why does he say me and I so much?

Froggy Style

I'm someone who recognized that Gary's defense changed college football, and college football adjusted to RPO's and throwing deep balls.

College football defenses adjusted to the new Air Raid with mobile QBs with the 3-3-5 to have flexibility to pretend to stack the line, but still have the option to drop 8 into coverage and prevent deep passes and RB wheel routes.

Gary refuses to adjust because like many people late in their career...they just want to sit on their fat paycheck before they retire without learning something new.

Gary has the plays in the arsenal, but pride always takes him home to his base defense until he's down by 20. See all OU games since 2014.

We can't be the number 1 defense any more, but we can win all of our games if we don't let pride get in our way.

He has it in him, but just needs to adjust to cover the weakness of the day (Safeties and 1 corner).

steelfrog

Tier 1
In his defense, he did adjust albeit after significant damage had been done; at first moved 9 to inside R db, giving him inside help; and moved 1 to the left; then he moved 9 back to outside L and it looked like another opportunity but then he had 9 rush the QB and 7 slid over and covered the outside receiver. It ain't brain surgery; those adjustments per down really threw off Cali QB

EdKamen

You surely know -- Froggy Style -- that the "air raid" offense has been around for 22 years, right?

I guess Patterson hasn't adjusted since he's been a coach.

The point is, Caesar was overmatched. And when Patterson gave him help, the Cal passing game went quiet.

You guys who whine and criticize and don't enjoy today's victory surely didn't suffer through the F.A. Dry years as I did.

Bellyache away.

Froggy Style

The point is, Caesar was overmatched. And when Patterson gave him help, the Cal passing game went quiet.
Bellyache away.
Why wait until the 2nd half when you know the only way you lose is someone going over the top and getting a big lead?

We are STACKED on offense. The only way to beat us is to make us one demensional if we are WAY behind. If their coach doesn't go for two over and over we lose to a very inferior opponent at home.

I agree he made the right adjustments. Hint: Play safeties deep early to prevent TD's when you have a weak corner.

Fine: clean slate...start doing it today. Our offense will win every game if we play bend but don't break.