• The KillerFrogs

Who plans to attend the Armed Forces Bowl?

WhatTheFrog

Just asking what the headcount may be for the game on the 22nd. I've told veterans/current military what to do to get "free" general admission tickets ($2.50 each processing). How many have partaken in that offer?

I SHOULD be in the lot just north of the Alice Carlson building. I've emailed the lot folks and am awaiting a response as to whether we will have the same spots for the bowl game or not. We will have canopies set up, either behind our pickups or on the patio of the small building there, if we get the same permissions we've had all season. I bought a BU shirt for people to stomp/wipe feet/spit on, etc. Weather permitting, it will be out in proud display and accessible. If weather doesn't permit, we should have it available under our canopies. Either way, it should be there (as well as cheap domestic beers and likely some type of booze variety). We should also have plenty of food items available. Food ideas? I can do bacon and cheddar stuffed burgers, bacon wrapped cheese stuffed jalapenos, cheese stuffed dogs, pulled pork, etc. Votes?

Pharm Frog

Not a veteran but Mrs Pharm and I will be at the game. Unfortunately my father is intent on keeping up his boycott of all things UH football which began at the hiring of John Jenkins and was solidified with the hirings of people named Briles. He will not attend and at 79 years of age I doubt we’re gonna break that boycott during his lifetime. Father is a UH alum who once had season tickets to all things UH when I was a kid: football, basketball, baseball.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Not a veteran but Mrs Pharm and I will be at the game. Unfortunately my father is intent on keeping up his boycott of all things UH football which began at the hiring of John Jenkins and was solidified with the hirings of people named Briles. He will not attend and at 79 years of age I doubt we’re gonna break that boycott during his lifetime. Father is a UH alum who once had season tickets to all things UH when I was a kid: football, basketball, baseball.
One has to appreciate his focus and determination.

WhatTheFrog

Has watched only one inning of MLB since the 1994 strike. 9th inning of Astros v Dodgers WS Game 7 and only because mom made him watch it.
Gotta respect the dedication to his convictions. Strange that he's boycotting his own school, though. I guess I could imagine it had I attended Baylor <shudder>.

Gotta go shower now. I feel "icky" after that thought. I think I'll skip the loofah and go straight to steel wool.

WhatTheFrog

Got 4 veteran tickets for $10. I'll only use 2. I'd be glad to give the other 2 to a Frog fan. The tickets are General Admission so no specific seats. PM me
That's great that you will give them away. I have 3 of my 4 filled at this point. If I don't get a 4th, I'll give away my unused as well. I won't limit it to Frog fans, though. If TCU were playing in the game, then I would. For this game, I really don't care. I have no skin in this game, but I am a Marine. I'm torn between service members and state pride. Army beat Navy (Marines), so I have a grudge. Tapefingers coaches at UH, so I have a grudge. For me, it's just another reason to party.

WhatTheFrog

Any of you go to the 2015 Armed Forces Bowl featuring Cal and Jared Goff vs. Air Force? Goff threw 6 touchdown passes in that one.
I was there. Goff went off, bigtime. If you go back and watch the game, it was my brother and I that stood just before the extra point try after the first TD at the south end.