• The KillerFrogs

Who is starting at QB vs Baylor?

Palliative Care

A distal phalanx may not have the impact as the more proximal ones. In other words there are three bones that make up a finger and the last one being dislocated is less severe an injury to recover from usually than one of the first two. An actual fracture would complicate this more. Otherwise all I am basing this on is a photo so take what I say with a healthy grain of salt.

ShreveFrog

Ok. I’m just thinking about gripping the ball and you need a strong middle fingertip.

(My dislocation was “middle” knuckle of index finger.)

CountryFrog

A distal phalanx may not have the impact as the more proximal ones. In other words there are three bones that make up a finger and the last one being dislocated is less severe an injury to recover from usually than one of the first two. An actual fracture would complicate this more. Otherwise all I am basing this on is a photo so take what I say with a healthy grain of salt.
Since this is America, I'll take it with an obese grain of salt.

Pharm Frog

Based on how bad he wanted to get back in the game on Saturday I’m not gonna be at all shocked if Max tries to play on Saturday even if he isn’t fully capable. I WILL be shocked if we know who’s gonna take the first snap before the offense runs out onto the field on Saturday.

The Jumbotron starting lineups will be a clue as to who it’s not.

Shorty

Based on how bad he wanted to get back in the game on Saturday I’m not gonna be at all shocked if Max tries to play on Saturday even if he isn’t fully capable. I WILL be shocked if we know who’s gonna take the first snap before the offense runs out onto the field on Saturday.
He'll probably be dealing with a lot more soft tissue swelling and lack of range of motion this week than 4th quarter Saturday. Kid is a gamer for sure but I don't know if he'll be able to grip a ball.

Wexahu

He'll probably be dealing with a lot more soft tissue swelling and lack of range of motion this week than 4th quarter Saturday. Kid is a gamer for sure but I don't know if he'll be able to grip a ball.

I don't doubt that he's going to do everything to try and play, but I don't want him out there if his hand isn't basically 100%. Kind of stating the obvious here, but that's not really an injury you can fight through as a QB.

JugbandFrog

Losing Niang has not helped.
Nope, but the left guard (70) had the most egregious of pass blocking errors. He let a defender roll right past him on the play Duggan got hurt, and then screwed up the switch on the stunt and let the defender go past him that ended up getting Collins hurt.

CountryFrog

There is a way to avoid uncontested defenders in the face of your qb. Injuries happen, but this is due to piss poor coaching. It is not like we are starting true freshman on the front.
I doubt you or anyone else can actually determine which QB hits are specifically because of "piss poor coaching," and which ones would've happened no matter who the coach was because QB's get hit sometimes.

I don't think we ever default to "that's piss poor coaching" by the other team any time one of our defenders hit an opposing QB.

LawFrog504

Good thing we slandered our best offensive lineman in the media last week. Really was the reason we lost to OSU. Unbelievable how GP gets off the hook for that one. So selfish. his defense BLOWS. Wish we would get gashed by Hubbard for another 90 yarder.