• The KillerFrogs

Who is starting at QB vs Baylor?

Froggish

I will say Baylor is the luckiest team in the nation.

They are the definition of the saying "it's better to be lucky than good".

There’s really just nothing on paper that would indicate we can win this game..Then again I said the same thing with UT coming to town..Baylor might be the worst 8-0 team in history but they are 8-0 and believing in themselves..

Moose Stuff

There’s really just nothing on paper that would indicate we can win this game..Then again I said the same thing with UT coming to town..Baylor might be the worst 8-0 team in history but they are 8-0 and believing in themselves..

There’s actually quite a bit on paper that says we have a chance to win this game.

Froginbedford

With no experienced quarterback available for Saturday and a very short time left to develop necessary skills for the 3 games afterward, I'm believing we are sliding toward a 4-8 season....

McGregor's Goat

I haven't been following news this week. So, if I understand correctly, (1) Collins and Duggan are both injured and there's no word on their status, (2) Rogers is in the portal, we all wish him well in his future endeavors, etc. (3) Delton may have quit the team, or this may be a silly rumor, no one knows.

If all the above is correct, whoo boy, I'm legitimately curious to see who runs out with the first team against Baylor.

MTfrog5

I just don't get the Delton quitting thing. Quitting when he knows that we lost two QBs is about the most chicken [ Finebaum ] thing I've seen from a college player.

Unless he was reading these threads about him.
I have a thought that I believe is right when you consider this generation, but I’ll hold off on that until it’s official

West Coast Johnny

giphy.gif

bronco

Maybe. Hasn't worked out that way for Michigan St since their playoff embarrassment.

Fans like to think that high level recruits make decisions based on winning but there seems to be very little evidence to support that.

Looking at the Play off outliers (those teams not named Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson) I think we have probably fared the best. You mentioned Mich St.. Oregon is on their third coach, Fla State is looking for their third coach. Washington has been pretty successful but has not been in the CFP picture. Baylor (I know they did not make CFP) has been a disaster and fired their coach. We were a tipped two point conversion away from CFP contention in 15 and played in the conference championship game in 17. We are not where we were with Boykin, Doctson, Listenbee and others but those kind of talents don't come around that often. Our struggles right now revolve around the qb positon. The Robinson transfer and Rogers injury really hurt and have set us back atleast a year. I don't know if Cumbie is the guy but we have (hopefully) three more years of Duggan. We need to let that play out a little.

Mean Purple

You know how sources work right? Is it 100% that Delton is gone at this point? No. But given JC’s track record in reporting TCU football information there’s a REALLY good chance he’s informed the coaches he’s done. Odd hill you’re dying on here.
I'm not talking about the Delton issue. And record and what is reported aint what folks claim. Just like in this case, where folks are claiming he sounded pretty sure of the source. However, you listen to the podcast and they don't sound very sure of it. In fact, there was a bit of an insurance comment made regarding the source. So not sure what hill to die on you would be referencing.

And yeah, I have a fair knowledge of how sources work.

Wexahu

Looking at the Play off outliers (those teams not named Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson) I think we have probably fared the best. You mentioned Mich St.. Oregon is on their third coach, Fla State is looking for their third coach. Washington has been pretty successful but has not been in the CFP picture. Baylor (I know they did not make CFP) has been a disaster and fired their coach. We were a tipped two point conversion away from CFP contention in 15 and played in the conference championship game in 17. We are not where we were with Boykin, Doctson, Listenbee and others but those kind of talents don't come around that often. Our struggles right now revolve around the qb positon. The Robinson transfer and Rogers injury really hurt and have set us back atleast a year. I don't know if Cumbie is the guy but we have (hopefully) three more years of Duggan. We need to let that play out a little.

I'm not understanding the point. What do you mean "fared the best"? Since 2015 we are 24-20 against FBS schools and 17-15 in the Big 12. Oregon is on their 3rd coach but is right back in the CFP picture. Baylor changed coaches and is 8-0. Washington is 30-13 since 2015 against FBS schools.

Sometimes I think TCU fans don't realize we've been barely above a .500 team for going on four years now, This isn't a perennial Top 20 program anymore. We make so much fun of Texas A&M for being so average.....well, they've got a better record than we do since 2015.

Froggish

You mean other than our combined total offense and total defense stats are essentially tied with Baylor, the spread is less than a field goal and we’re at home where our only loss is by 3 to the best team we’ve played so far?

I was thinking more along the lines of ...We are down to our 5th string QB, just gave 300+ yards of rushing, sitting at 4-4, and generally not getting much help from the football gods.

Its probably important to at least acknowledge that those the main catalyst for those total offense stats you sited will likely not play this weekend. His replacement will be a guy who hasn't taken a snap all season and very few snaps at any level since HS...I suppose its all about perspective.

Mean Purple

You mean other than our combined total offense and total defense stats are essentially tied with Baylor, the spread is less than a field goal and we’re at home where our only loss is by 3 to the best team we’ve played so far?

How do we match up via common opponents so far?