• The KillerFrogs

Who is starting at QB vs Baylor?

HeidelFrog

Any chance we could get Rogers back? Is he officially out the door?
He is officially in the transfer portal. Not aware of any rules prohibiting him from coming back but I would think that would be highly unlikely. He is likely looking for a program that he has a chance at being the guy. I would guess a non P5 school.

CountryFrog

It is. The national exposure and the ability to sell recruits that you are the type of program that competes in the playoff for national championships.
Maybe. Hasn't worked out that way for Michigan St since their playoff embarrassment.

Fans like to think that high level recruits make decisions based on winning but there seems to be very little evidence to support that.

flyfishingfrog

Well, when the guy in charge treats anything about the team like NSA top secret information that's what you get, rumors. And when weird [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] is happening on a regular basis, sometimes people's imaginations run wild. That's why he'd be better served to just be more up front about what the hell is going on. Doesn't mean be an open book, just don't be weird about it.
Why? How does you knowing what’s going on help the program in any way or help GP be better off?

you have some great insight to share with the staff that can’t without knowing what is going on?

never understood why fans think the program would be better off with transparency to those outside the locker room

Mean Purple

Why? How does you knowing what’s going on help the program in any way or help GP be better off?

you have some great insight to share with the staff that can’t without knowing what is going on?

never understood why fans think the program would be better off with transparency to those outside the locker room
Exactly. That's why Saban does not do it, nor do other coaches.

CountryFrog

No need for Gary to change anything with how he handles the media, talks to the public imo. When he's winning then it's just Gary being Gary and we laugh about it. When he's losing then people get really upset about it.

As always in sports, the solution to all of this is start winning more. I actually find Gary pretty entertaining but I gave up years ago looking for meaningful information from him.