• The KillerFrogs

Who has been the best and worst coach in each Power Five conference this season?

Billy Clyde

So I guess Pat Forde must be a "Snowflake" too.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/coach-of-the-year-college-football-232209596.html

POWER FIVE COACH OF THE YEAR RACE UPDATE

Big 12 (33)

Leading candidate: Matt Rhule, Baylor. See Dash Third Quarter for details.

Closest pursuer(s): Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley’s work with a new starting QB (again) should not be taken for granted. The two new guys in the Sunflower State, Chris Klieman at Kansas State and Les Miles at Kansas, have done some nice work.

Not Coach of the Year: Gary Patterson, TCU. The Horned Frogs lost the Skillet Game to SMU. They were doubled up by Iowa State. They lost to Kansas State. They’re 3-3 with three ranked opponents to go. The offense hasn’t been great, but a Patterson defense that hasn’t forced a turnover the past three games is a shocker. Last time it happened: 2008.

TCU_backer

Hard to argue these facts. Good thing is it can change.

“It” can change, but will it change? When Patterson made the change to Meach/Cumbie in 2014, it brought a breath of fresh air into the program. Where we are today is exactly where we were in 2013 on offense. How did we get back here?

On defense... I can’t tell you what the hell is going on.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Yeah, 60 year old coaches who have coached at the same place for 20 years and have an 8 figure net worth and same coaches on the staff some for decades are well known for being big proponents of change.

Coaches do have a half life, like lawyers or doctors or anybody else.

Mean Purple

“It” can change, but will it change? When Patterson made the change to Meach/Cumbie in 2014, it brought a breath of fresh air into the program. Where we are today is exactly where we were in 2013 on offense. How did we get back here?

On defense... I can’t tell you what the hell is going on.
Because Meach left.
Either that, or after 2 years, folks figured out the offense enough to shut it down. Seems like other coaches have the sense to bench or redshirt a qb who is not getting it done. if the qb that is starting really is our best chance to win, then some of the offensive staff need to be gone. because it raises a serious question on recruiting and player development.