• The KillerFrogs

Who are we for, Penn St or Ohio St?

funkytownfrog

I prefer to make the playoffs and face the toughest competition possible.

13-0 Alabama
12-1 Clemson
13-0 TCU
12-1 Ohio State

Hopefully, the above four teams get hot and start smoking everyone they play.

We then knock Clemson off in the semis and beat Alabama in the final.

We will then annihilate Ohio State next year in Arlington.

TL/DR...

Two loss Ohio State eliminates them from the playoff, unless there is a lot of chaos and no undefeated teams. Assuming TCU is undefeated OR a 1-loss Big 12 Champion, we would be higher ranked vs. Ohio State with two regular season losses.

Penn State and Ohio State with one loss each is not good for TCU, makes it a MUST that we go undefeated. I'd love to eliminate Ohio State from top 4 consideration, and 2 losses probably does that.

finafrog

Only time in the last decade that's happened amongst the P5. Don't expect it to happen again anytime soon
i like your attitude. 2014 killed the optimist in me. the pessimist sees potentially two or three big10 teams, two big 12 teams, two sec teams, two acc teams, one pac12 team, and nd, with one loss or fewer. i get that the chances of that are low, but not low enough for a one loss tcu to get in. ne need to win out, or hope for major canibalization.

LeagueCityFrog

My vote is that we get to be #2 or #3 and we play Penn State in the Rose Bowl. That would be awesome. We already have Ohio State scheduled for the second week of 2018 in Jerry's World,. I would prefer to not have a repeat opponent from the end of the 2017 season with Ohio State.

Go Frogs! Beat ISU!

Limey Frog

I prefer to make the playoffs and face the toughest competition possible.

13-0 Alabama
12-1 Clemson
13-0 TCU
12-1 Ohio State

Hopefully, the above four teams get hot and start smoking everyone they play.

We then knock Clemson off in the semis and beat Alabama in the final.

We will then annihilate Ohio State next year in Arlington.

If Penn State beats the Buckeyes in Columbus, they will be the toughest competition possible. Anyway, if you want the best field possible surely as many undefeateds as possible is what you're after. 13-0 PSU much more desirable from that perspective.

I want PSU to win, for the reasons stated already. The committee loves Ohio State, and will put them over TCU given any possible argument for doing so. I'd rather just have them out of the way.

FrogLifeYo

We have to win out to keep from giving the committee an obvious excuse..One loss TCU will never ever get the benefit of doubt over a blue blood. Undefeated TCU will still be lucky to get in. Need OU to beat Ok st and set up a showdown because they have better national perception than OK St due to their win in Ohio ST. Like it or not we'll have to beat OU twice.

Im in the camp that we need PSU to win just to get another team to 2 losses

I can think about this six ways to Sunday. The likelihood is, whoever wins between Penn State and OSU, will badly beat Wisconsin in their Championship game so they're in. If OSU has two losses, they're out absent some major chaos. Likewise, absent major chaos, I don't see the Big 10 getting two teams in but having a one-loss PSU in a close loss to OSU would be their best chance so I think it's better if PSU basically eliminates OSU. I wouldn't be so confident about the SEC not getting two if both Alabama and GA are undefeated and played a close game. We just need to keep winning. There is no scenario remaining where we go 13-0 and are left out.

Ron Swanson

I am not wrong thinking that couldn't happen is wrong. I mean Clemson Defending Champ. Bama and Georgia could make it in. Penn State and/or Ohio State could make it in. Also NOtre Dame and their incredible schedule could make it in all ahead of undefeated TCU especially with Texas or OU down. We better hope OU runs the table except for TCU twice and OSU keeps winning. Why are you so naive that this is a possibility and what would you or TCU do about it if it happened?
You are 100% absolutely wrong. If we go undefeated, we are in. It’s not even a question.

TK2000

I know it does not answer this question. But the team we need to lose at least one more game is Norte Dame. A one loss Big 12 team could still go if........
The PAC 12 is playing itself out of the playoffs, ESPN will send a 1 loss Big 10 team regardless of who it is. If ND wins out chances are they get in. But we need them to lose and the B12, B10, ACC, SEC will each have a team.

Pharm Frog

Dumb. Just really dumb.

I want PSU to win, mainly just to put OSU out of their misery so I can stop hearing about them.

Glad to hear from you. Was wondering if you were okay when I didn’t see a post from you in the first three pages of this thread. Glad I don’t need to organize a search party.