• The KillerFrogs

White Out for SMU Game?

Froglaw

Our company's intern showed me an email he received today from TCU indicating that Saturday is apparently supposed to be a white out game.

What a disaster this will be. Besides this email to students today, TCU has done zero formal announcement of this supposed whiteout through email or social media posts. IMO, a white out is something you make sure to do well or don't do at all. Considering this hasn't been communicated to season ticket holders at all yet, I think it's reasonable to assume this will be a very half assed attempt at a white out. Not to mention all the parents coming into town later this week that may not get the memo.

242512623_10219290790169896_3850752920126232076_n.jpg

Horrible, Maniac has an intern.

tcumaniac

Starting to wonder if TCU decided to drop the whole whiteout thing but forgot to update the What2Do@TCU email they sent out to students yesterday.

Would be weird to make the above social media post with Avila in all purple telling fans to be there and be loud without making any reference to the white out they were planning.

bronco

Maniac beats the negative drum and he and I have had good debate but he is highlighting something legitimate here. Our gameday experience is really bad and there is nothing unique about it. Just when frog alley gets going we move it around. The last minute whiteout is very silly. You can’t color block unless you put items in the seats or at least put something out well in advance.

I get so frustrated with my friends who like to tailgate off campus but then again there is not really a good atmosphere on campus. TCU makes it borderline difficult to tailgate on campus. Have to go through tailgate guys, get reprimanded when your tent or tailgate touches a sidewalk. Then there is the time constraints on when you can set up and have to take down.

It was mentioned in another thread or on another board but why isn’t the university commons from frog fountain down to the stadium not filled with tents. Bring back Greek tailgates and throw them in there. Concerts, food trucks, whatever. Right now it is totally stale and TCU is out of touch with real college football. Lame ass color block and sandstorm on repeat at volume 3000 is exhausting. Rant over - let’s run the table.

It is shocking how bad the pre game atmosphere has gotten. Before I get the usual replies of "I am there to watch football", I am too but they gave me Frog Alley and now they are taking it a way. I guess they don't want anything to interfere with the sterile atmosphere that is Tail Gate Guys.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Our company's intern showed me an email he received today from TCU indicating that Saturday is apparently supposed to be a white out game.

What a disaster this will be. Besides this email to students today, TCU has done zero formal announcement of this supposed whiteout through email or social media posts. IMO, a white out is something you make sure to do well or don't do at all. Considering this hasn't been communicated to season ticket holders at all yet, I think it's reasonable to assume this will be a very half assed attempt at a white out. Not to mention all the parents coming into town later this week that may not get the memo.

242512623_10219290790169896_3850752920126232076_n.jpg
It’s for the students. They will do it.

HFrog12

Starting to wonder if TCU decided to drop the whole whiteout thing but forgot to update the What2Do@TCU email they sent out to students yesterday.

Would be weird to make the above social media post with Avila in all purple telling fans to be there and be loud without making any reference to the white out they were planning.

Yea weird email from your intern. Nothing else suggests it's a white out, nor should it be. I will be the "young" guy yelling at clouds and beat this drum one more time, but why was that written anywhere if it wasn't supposed to be a white out? Maybe copy and paste from another promotion? Which brings me back - nothing is unique about TCU's promotion strategy, in game experience, or the tailgate experience. Maybe our in-game is actually unique in the sense that it is all over the place?

Probably the most stale tailgating atmosphere of any P5 in the country. Hell even Baylor can claim they sailgate and setup tents wherever they want. Tailgating wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have to hear an inorganic and orchestrated Go Frogs chant in games, or Sandstorm and other dated songs on repeat at level 3000, or 50 xylophones in our band. Maybe I don't blame TCU for piping in music constantly like an NBA game because of the lack of brass in the band. Everyone who thinks what TCU is doing for tailgating and in-game atmosphere is good, has never been to another college football game outside of AGCS and it shows.

Go Frogs! Pack the Carter!

lvnfw1

I think the white-out might just be for the student section. I think they gave up on pushing specific colors for games years ago (apart from one black-out game a season).

Eight

It’s for the students. They will do it.

maybe, hopefully, do i know i am glad the frogs weren't playing 11 am games back when i was in school.

there was more than one saturday when the simple walk to the couch was tough enough do to self-inflicted wounds from the prior night

Big Frog II

Whiteouts have been effective. Go back and look at past games where we have done this and on TV it looks great. Should the marketing department have gotten this word out earlier, yes. However, with email it's easy to spread the word, and it's easy to change the color of your shirt.

tcumaniac

So if it was only intended for the students (which they will do really well), will all you negative Nelly’s come back and say how dumb you were for complaining about something you were completely wrong about?
No, because doing just a whiteout for students seems pretty dumb and pointless.