• The KillerFrogs

Which of the current coaches will Dykes retain?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The second to last series last week tells you all you need to know about Meach.
But got us in a position to kick the winner by playing to our strength (with a depleted backfield and hobbled QB). That game is in hand if the defense doesn't turn around and give up those two easy scores after we took command offensively post-halftime.

Moose Stuff

But got us in a position to kick the winner by playing to our strength (with a depleted backfield and hobbled QB). That game is in hand if the defense doesn't turn around and give up those two easy scores after we took command offensively post-halftime.
I’m talking about the second to last series where he inexplicably called three straight pass plays late in a one score game against a defense that could not stop the run. That series put us in a position to LOSE.

Wexahu

I will get blasted for this but overall I like Meach's offense. He pulls some stuff that leaves you cursing every now and then, but the offense was not the problem this year. A decent defensive effort and we are sitting on 8 wins now.
Offense, defense, play calling etc was about 5% of the teams problems IMO. It was everything other than that that was the issue. Not sure how much of that could be pinned on certain coaches, impossible to know. I’ll be ok with whoever Dykes wants to keep as long as it’s not most of the staff, because we need some new blood.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Offense, defense, play calling etc was about 5% of the teams problems IMO. It was everything other than that that was the issue. Not sure how much of that could be pinned on certain coaches, impossible to know. I’ll be ok with whoever Dykes wants to keep as long as it’s not most of the staff, because we need some new blood.
Yeah it needs a complete overhaul and reboot.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I’m talking about the second to last series where he inexplicably called three straight pass plays late in a one score game against a defense that could not stop the run. That series put us in a position to LOSE.
Yeah the brother and I said the same thing. We knew going we would/could/should run all over them. Meach is one who gets too cute at times and ends up out-coaching himself.

jack the frog

On Kaz, I say hire him. He seems to be a hardazz and effective, which is what we need.

More broadly, I think part of the magic formula with modern kid may be a mix of yin and yang. Hard hitting tough guy assistants/trainers combined with a more compliant, understanding head coach that will listen to their gripes, or some variation of that. I think guys like Kaz could play a roll there.

Moose Stuff

Concerning Kaz and the “good job big twelve” fan, you, Moose, display a lack of knowledge of what the crime of assault is. Poor, ignorant you
LMAO…. I’m 100% aware of the definition of assault. I just think you’re an idiot for trying to apply it to a football coach standing up for his players as they get taunted by a piece of [ Finebaum ] fan. Calling what he did “criminal” is pathetic.

Moose Stuff

Yeah the brother and I said the same thing. We knew going we would/could/should run all over them. Meach is one who gets too cute at times and ends up out-coaching himself.
The TV announcer had a funny line about Meach being one of those guys that would look at his play sheet and say “ooooh we haven’t run THAT play in a while, let’s do that”.

DeuceBoogieNights

LMAO…. I’m 100% aware of the definition of assault. I just think you’re an idiot for trying to apply it to a football coach standing up for his players as they get taunted by a piece of [ #2020 ] fan. Calling what he did “criminal” is pathetic.

Kazs reaction to the fan is what's pathetic. He extremely overreacted to light taunting. Maybe go back and watch again.

froglash88

Meach doesn’t appear to have a feel for the flow of the game. He also doesn’t run a play or multiple plays to set up the next play. He killed our chances in the Texas game. The pass play he called on 1st down from the Texas 29, when Duggan got stripped, was atrocious. We were only down by 6 at that point.

It’s like oooooh goodie, next series we are going to run xxxx play.

Moose Stuff

Kazs reaction to the fan is what's pathetic. He extremely overreacted to light taunting. Maybe go back and watch again.

My opinion on the video won’t be changed by watching it 1000 times. The fan is a piece of [ Finebaum ] and a coward and I would have enjoyed seeing Kaz beat his ass. It’s always amused me how certain fans view certain things just because it was ANOTHER team doing it (and in this case the fact that it was Baylor). If that situation plays out with Kaz in TCU purple and that’s a Baylor fan taunting our players after the 61-58 game this board would be doing a go fund me to commission a statue of him.

HFrog1999

My opinion on the video won’t be changed by watching it 1000 times. The fan is a piece of [ #2020 ] and a coward and I would have enjoyed seeing Kaz beat his ass. It’s always amused me how certain fans view certain things just because it was ANOTHER team doing it (and in this case the fact that it was Baylor). If that situation plays out with Kaz in TCU purple and that’s a Baylor fan taunting our players after the 61-58 game this board would be doing a go fund me to commission a statue of him.

Lol, coaches and players should never get butt hurt over what fans say to them. That guy is just a huge cry baby. You would’ve enjoyed seeing some jackass Baylor coach beat up a TCU fan just because he got his feelings hurt?

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

That still makes me laugh. Before the game Baylor was coming out of the locker room next to these guys chanting Big 12 like they were all high and mighty and we were crap and beneath them. So the guys gave it back to them with "Good job Big 12" after the game.

DeuceBoogieNights

My opinion on the video won’t be changed by watching it 1000 times. The fan is a piece of [ #2020 ] and a coward and I would have enjoyed seeing Kaz beat his ass. It’s always amused me how certain fans view certain things just because it was ANOTHER team doing it (and in this case the fact that it was Baylor). If that situation plays out with Kaz in TCU purple and that’s a Baylor fan taunting our players after the 61-58 game this board would be doing a go fund me to commission a statue of him.

The fan is whatever, it's not something I would personally do but I would be embarrassed if any TCU coach acted like that.