• The KillerFrogs

Which of the current coaches will Dykes retain?

Wexahu

Kelly and Fitch. I think the receivers were very good this year. Fitch because of his personality and defensive line was better last year.
Say what??

I've heard really good things about Gonzalez and would have no problem if he stays, but the rest of the defensive staff probably needs to move on. Fitch seems like a great dude but let's be honest, his unit has been awful. Probably the worst performing unit on the team relative to perceived talent. And if it's a talent issue, that speaks to his recruiting.

FrogUltimate

Say what??

I've heard really good things about Gonzalez and would have no problem if he stays, but the rest of the defensive staff probably needs to move on. Fitch seems like a great dude but let's be honest, his unit has been awful. Probably the worst performing unit on the team relative to perceived talent. And if it's a talent issue, that speaks to his recruiting.
Yeh and the DL is absolutely stacked in terms of returning production. Like a billion snaps between the four guys and their primary backups

4th. down

I know some of our coaches are good recruiters, but I’m completely skeptical about their coaching.
Don’t get too attached to assistant coaches, just ask GP.
Yeah,and there is some talk on this and another forum that Fitch needs to stay because he's such a good recruiter. I doubt that Sonny will keep him as a position coach as the defensive line is our weakest link. Ok, recruiter, maybe, but who recruited our defensive linemen and since he's the defensive line coach, he had to sign off on it......just say'n. Hopefully a toilet flush and hire back Kelly but maybe Gonzales also. He recruited our safeties but imo, he gets a pass due to so many injuries at the safety position and let's look at the 2 he put into the NFL last season. Hopefully we retain him and maybe Modkins.

Froggish

4 coaches will likely be in the mix for retention.. Kelly, Gonzalez, Modkins, and Applewhite. If Fitch sticks around I’m confident it will be back in a recruiting off field role. I also think Applewhite is a long shot to stick.

Most confident about Kelly..everyone else is 50/50

Eight

Yeh and the DL is absolutely stacked in terms of returning production. Like a billion snaps between the four guys and their primary backups

shame with all those games and snaps the production doesn't match the time because the best d-tackles are gone after this year and the de's have been a major disappointment

no idea why fitch would stay beyond being a high school liaison

the new dc gets to bring his guys and not have to keep anyone, but landing quentin with this offensive pedigree is enough for kelly to stay

4th. down

shame with all those games and snaps the production doesn't match the time because the best d-tackles are gone after this year and the de's have been a major disappointment

no idea why fitch would stay beyond being a high school liaison

the new dc gets to bring his guys and not have to keep anyone, but landing quentin with this offensive pedigree is enough for kelly to stay
We are so small and weak it's pathetic compared to some regular teams ranked in the top 10. How can we stop power run games from good teams with 215 lb. DE when the better teams are 250-300 lbs. and same goes for the interior. Now our offensive line is big enough but no power and no coaching. Dykes will score so not that concerned with OC but get real focused on DC and pay whatever we have to.

Moose Stuff

4 coaches will likely be in the mix for retention.. Kelly, Gonzalez, Modkins, and Applewhite. If Fitch sticks around I’m confident it will be back in a recruiting off field role. I also think Applewhite is a long shot to stick.

Most confident about Kelly..everyone else is 50/50
Assuming they want to stay… this post is pretty accurate. Not sure there’s room on the staff for Applewhite if Samples joins Sonny over here.