• The KillerFrogs

Which of our recruiters is hitting up Jalen Hurts?

LVH

I think we are fine at QB to be honest. I'd rather develop one of the 3 young QBs we will have than bring in a grad transfer who will be here for one year.

Moose Stuff

I’d be completely OK with the idea of pursuing him if he was transferring. Worth noting with our top 2 QB’s having surgery and our #3 graduating we’re looking at Duggan getting every first team snap all spring.

Why would we want a QB that isn't a polished passer for a pass happy offense? Makes literally zero sense that we would recruit him. As noted, if some of their OL are looking for a place to land, then open the door and open it wide.

I’d be completely OK with the idea of pursuing him if he was transferring. Worth noting with our top 2 QB’s having surgery and our #3 graduating we’re looking at Duggan getting every first team snap all spring.
Do you think JR will not be a spring participant? Recent news suggest he's made some level of progress toward that direction.

Are we a pass happy offense?
In it's pure form, and if the OC had his way I think so. Circumstances have mitigated that somewhat but I do think it's an offense that puts a premium on good QB play in order to be successful.

Edit: I know that every offense tends to put a premium on QB play but I don't see us having the personnel to run something like Alabama was running with Hurts and have it work for us.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

I agree...next year we will have the deepest QB room possibly in our history.
At least since we had Clay, Vogler and Schade in 1991.

And yet not one of them has proven that he’s a good college QB so I can’t see any reason why a dude who won a national title wouldn’t be worth having around. Also can’t imagine having a mobile QB wouldn’t help this offense. I’m not saying we NEED to do it, but I certainly don’t see why anyone would be fully against it.