• The KillerFrogs

which is more irritating?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I have a couple of nephews and nieces that went to aggie. They are so proud of the band and the marches they do.

I like to remind them it isn't hard to play the same limited songs and marches over and over ever year for the last 70 years or so.

A bit of hyperbole here, but I might point out that it is plenty hard to do it with the precision and sound quality that they do. I am not an Aggie fan, but as a bandsman, I can tell you that their band is pretty impressive in many ways.

gofor2

When I think of USC I think of this:

usc.jpg

When I think of OU I think of this:

ou.jpg

When I think of smoo I think of this:

smutoilet.jpg

and to be honest that may be too nice. That's a nice vintage toilet.

An-Cap Frog

Why do you think of SMU when you see a picture of McLane Stadium?
When I think of McLane Stadium.

passing GIF

gofor2

Why do you think of SMU when you see a picture of McLane Stadium?
I assume you meant "what do you".

the first thing I think of is an upside down U, so perhaps aggy attempt at writing letters.

Then I think of a place where UT and OU belong, while smoo can be the tissue.

Last edited:

gofor2

A bit of hyperbole here, but I might point out that it is plenty hard to do it with the precision and sound quality that they do. I am not an Aggie fan, but as a bandsman, I can tell you that their band is pretty impressive in many ways.
I get what you are saying.
I do prefer the MOB though. Sort of the anti-band, lets make fun of other schools band. Perfect for me.

OmniscienceFrog

Every once in a while, they add a new song. Still a lot of aggy war hymn and "Green Berets" every game. Listen to an aggy game on the radio (after a few shots): all the music the aggy band plays sounds the same.:confused:
A few shots wouldn't do it. I'd have to be passed smooth out when somebody turned it on. And I've heard that Dave South doesn't even call the games anymore.

gofor2

Nope. His point is that McLane looks like a toilet, so when you look at a toilet you should think of BU not SMU.
Ah. That's funny. Well maybe its a generational thing. Smoo had been a toilet long before bu had their new stadium.

That and I guess my imagination is lacking. Most toilet bowls wrap all the way around

This looks like a toilet bowl
keiv.jpg

The stadium in Tottenham takes the cake though. It's the exact shape of a toilet bowl..

tottenham.jpg