• The KillerFrogs

Where is the offense?

Horny4TCU

We are wasting a great defense. Play calling, oline, running backs, and quarterback all need to really think hard about what they doing on the field.

I still blame KH for how poorly SR is playing. Every interception, I blame KH.

Mean Purple

Where the heck is our awesome quarterback coach? I thought Cumbie was some magical quaterback whisperer... All I am seeing is a quarterback that throws off his back foot and right into coverage, and can't pick up a blitz to save his life.
That's when his back foot is actually on the ground. mechanics are just bad. so many way under thrown balls. rcvrs are turning into defenders on half the plays.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
O Line not blocking
SR should get the ball out under 2 seconds
He throws off his back foot 3 seconds in
Passes dont go very deep so field is condensed
Forces a tight running game
Therefore, side to side passes
Oh, and lack of ball protection

Eight

We are wasting a great defense. Play calling, oline, running backs, and quarterback all need to really think hard about what they doing on the field.

I still blame KH for how poorly SR is playing. Every interception, I blame KH.

this is not a great defense.

it is a good unit, but not great. still too many missed tackles, poor angles, and that tech offense was missing their top wide receiver, two quarterbacks, and 2 starting offensive linemen.

LVH

it is a good unit, but not great. still too many missed tackles, poor angles, and that tech offense was missing their top wide receiver, two quarterbacks, and 2 starting offensive linemen.

Statistically we were a top 10 offense coming in and will only rise in the defensive rankings after tonight

Horny4TCU

I might have exaggerated, the great part... but I feel bad for Banogu and Ty Summers. They should have gone out with a better team. But this defense is stout, and if they could tackle better, they would be great.

Mean Purple

they are going to start missing on those when they are on the field that long. Gives the opposing OC some options as the game goes on. Defense was salty until they got gassed. Not defense, I don't care who they are, is gonna stay up enough when they roll in after that many 3 and outs.

Eight

Statistically we were a top 10 offense coming in and will only rise in the defensive rankings after tonight

where do we rank per play? curious as i do think we have seen the frogs play a style offensively that favors the defense

Eight

they are going to start missing on those when they are on the field that long. Gives the opposing OC some options as the game goes on. Defense was salty until they got gassed. Not defense, I don't care who they are, is gonna stay up enough when they roll in after that many 3 and outs.

so those missed tackles in the first quarter when we just had an off week are a by product of what?

the defense played well, but that was not tech's #1 offense and tcu shot itself in the foot defensively from missed tackles to a penalty that extended the drive on the first score to get caught in a blitz by the quarterback draw.

i think this is a good tcu defense, but i do think there are some personnel deicsions being made that at times are hard to understand

CountryFrog

The defense is really good. Whether they're great or not is subjective but I tend to agree that they make too many mistakes (including missed tackles) and don't create enough turnovers to be great.

They've been good enough for this team to be 6-0 right now though so they're clearly not the problem.

TCUWIN

Defense is good, but not sure that they are well coached as they used to be. Everyone knows the ins and outs of the 4-2-5. High schools are running it well across the state. And we seem to make few adjustments this year. Last year, we gave up points in the first half but no one scored in the second half. This year, no one scores in the first but score more in the second half. And when will patterson realize that the tech third string qb is a runner, not a passer. Yet we rushed three, leaving running lanes everywhere and plenty of time to find an open receiver. Not very well coached.

Mean Purple

so those missed tackles in the first quarter when we just had an off week are a by product of what?

the defense played well, but that was not tech's #1 offense and tcu shot itself in the foot defensively from missed tackles to a penalty that extended the drive on the first score to get caught in a blitz by the quarterback draw.

i think this is a good tcu defense, but i do think there are some personnel deicsions being made that at times are hard to understand
Tech did not really take over until we had some key player get banged up in the second half. They held Tech to 3 for most of the first half.

When you look at what they have scored elsewhere this year, yeah, TCU's defense played very well. Even if they are playing badly, that is a tough defense to defend.

TCU offense did not keep its end of the deal. Like 3 other games this year.

CountryFrog

That defensive holding penalty was a back breaker. I have no idea if it was a legit call as I was never looking in that area but man that ended up being a gigantic play in the game. Plus that's the play where Gaines got injured.

Eight

Tech did not really take over until we had some key player get banged up in the second half. They held Tech to 3 for most of the first half.

When you look at what they have scored elsewhere this year, yeah, TCU's defense played very well. Even if they are playing badly, that is a tough defense to defend.

TCU offense did not keep its end of the deal. Like 3 other games this year.

tech was missing best receiver, left tackle, center, and that was their #3 quarterback

frogs were missing big ross, niko, and i believe gaines. am i missing anyone else