• The KillerFrogs

Where does this win rank in TCU Basketball history?

Virginia Frog

I think he got it correct. NIT birth is very popular now with the young people that are free spirits. It stands for “Naked In (the) Tub”
"berth" - maybe I shouldn't be correcting our resident doc.:( (If I'm bleeding on the side of the road, I don't care if the doctor can spell!)

The NIT will be a for-sure thing with one more W.

Okie at DMC is the best opportunity to get it.

A W in the B12 vs. likely WVU or UHorns - both do-able on a neutral court. - would be great for a top seed.

Win-out vs KU/OU and take 3 in the tournament gets us to the Big Dance, IMO. Not gonna happen.

Rose Bowl

As Jamie said he’s trying to get us to where we expect to beat everyone whether ranked or not. In the Big 12 we will get many opportunities to win games against ranked foes. As for this game it is a big win but not an impactful one unless we get on a roll and miraculously make the tourney.

r7commish

When I was in 6th grade (circa 1989) TCU beat a ranked Arkansas in the game that Michael Strickland had 9 three-pointers. It was amazing. And a girl hit a half-court shot at half time to win a trip to Hawaii or someplace like that. Daniel Meyer went nuts when that happened. It was a huge win through the eyes of a then 12-year-old who didn’t know any better.

Double D

Tier 1
February 14 1990
TCU 81 Arkansas 79
Loudest I've ever heard it at DMC.

When I was in 6th grade (circa 1989) TCU beat a ranked Arkansas in the game that Michael Strickland had 9 three-pointers. It was amazing. And a girl hit a half-court shot at half time to win a trip to Hawaii or someplace like that. Daniel Meyer went nuts when that happened. It was a huge win through the eyes of a then 12-year-old who didn’t know any better.

LVH

For a win to be big it has to mean something in the bigger picture.

We beat Kansas in 2013 but ultimately it didn't matter as we went 2-16 in league play