• The KillerFrogs

When will SMU game time be announced?

tcumaniac

No, it’s not going to suck.
No. It's going to suck.

Make this a night game, and this would have been one of the better attended games we've had in a long time. It's family weekend, and ticket prices were holding shockingly strong. I think there is a lot of excitement and interest around this game, but the 11am kickoff will suck a majority of the momentum out of our sails for what could have been a really fun environment.

Attendance will probably be decent by the start of the 2nd quarter. I could have been great. This sucks sucks sucks.

TCUdirtbag

No. It's going to suck.

Make this a night game, and this would have been one of the better attended games we've had in a long time. It's family weekend, and ticket prices were holding shockingly strong. I think there is a lot of excitement and interest around this game, but the 11am kickoff will suck a majority of the momentum out of our sails for what could have been a really fun environment.

Attendance will probably be decent by the start of the 2nd quarter. I could have been great. This sucks sucks sucks.

But alas there is nothing you can do but get over it.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
No. It's going to suck.

Or, we could all be positive about a less than ideal situation and try to get as many people excited about it as possible. I don’t care when we beat the snot out of SMU. I just want the snot to be beaten.

Zubaz

Sure feels weird to simultaneously argue that we are a big time program that's attractive for power conference status...but then argue that our gameday atmosphere for a rivalry game will stink unless the conditions are exactly right.

Maybe it's the old man in me, but I like 11 AM (10 AM here) games. Get some breakfast food to shake up the normal tailgate fair, some screw-drivers or mimosas, home by 1:00 with the rest of Saturday ahead of you. Go to Home Depot, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
TCU's Sept. 25 home football game versus SMU will have an 11 a.m. kickoff and be televised on FS1.

#LetsWhackEm
king-of-the-hill-hank.gif

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
I'm old man yelling at cloud here, but with so many streaming these days, does it really matter what platform it's on? Shouldn't our admin be lobbying for night games, knowing they could get more families (like mine) in attendance?

Wexahu

I'm old man yelling at cloud here, but with so many streaming these days, does it really matter what platform it's on? Shouldn't our admin be lobbying for night games, knowing they could get more families (like mine) in attendance?

I think TV ratings still matter. And there are so many platforms that televise games. If half the games are at 7:00 on a given Saturday, that would be about 30 games in that time slot. There aren't that many networks televising games.

The trade off to having all games start at 7:00 would be about half the games wouldn't be televised at all and the payouts to the conferences would be about half of what they are, if not less.

If networks pay you $40M/year, you pretty much play when they want you to play.

Wexahu

Sure feels weird to simultaneously argue that we are a big time program that's attractive for power conference status...but then argue that our gameday atmosphere for a rivalry game will stink unless the conditions are exactly right.

Yeah, I think there are probably some of the same people ridiculing the league for inviting UH (because Houston doesn't care about UH!) who are saying our crowd will suck for this game just because it's a few hours earlier than when it should be.