• The KillerFrogs

When does Texas Football Magazine hit the newsstands?

Limp Lizard

So... nobody knows. Like asking when to see the Perseid Meteor shower: " look up a the sky every nignt and eventually you will see them".

Just a simple question. Thanks for nothing.

H-Town Frog

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
unless someone works for one of their distribution partners we would know this or care enough to look it up why?
Well, like H-Town did above, he went to the Dave Campbell's Texas Football website, and, by golly there it was! It's literally amazing what one can discover when using the search function of your browser! Fer instance, I looked up "Perseid Meteor Shower" and, lo and behold: American Meteor Society Meteor Shower Calendar 2021-2022 which says that the Perseids are already falling and will peak around the full moon in a couple of weeks. (Hint: The Leonids are usually a better show.)

I would fully expect a snark-laden parade of "answers" to such a question, and the Board did not disappoint. One should revel in such good-natured banter, not grumble at it.

Eight

Well, like H-Town did above, he went to the Dave Campbell's Texas Football website, and, by golly there it was! It's literally amazing what one can discover when using the search function of your browser! Fer instance, I looked up "Perseid Meteor Shower" and, lo and behold: American Meteor Society Meteor Shower Calendar 2021-2022 which says that the Perseids are already falling and will peak around the full moon in a couple of weeks. (Hint: The Leonids are usually a better show.)

I would fully expect a snark-laden parade of "answers" to such a question, and the Board did not disappoint. One should revel in such good-natured banter, not grumble at it.

do you need a plumber to install that type of shower? wife wants to redo the bathroom

tjcoffice

It is getting hard to find. Couple of summers ago, I never could find it on the news stand. For its imperfections, I sitll prefer Cambell's to the generic, national oriented college football guides.

tcudoc

I think the issue is that DCTF used to be THE source for this information. With the rise of so many other sources and internet forums where this information is available in real time, as it is happening, the ability of publications like DCTF to keep up is remarkably diminished. It is falling victim to the same issues that printed newspapers face. Who wants to read the news 24 hours later when there are far better ways to access it real time? Once the die hard DCTF followers begin to die off, it will be tough for pubs such as this to stay afloat, because they are likely not getting many new devoted followers from the younger generations, who prefer the instant access in real time. Unless they find a way to adapt, I think they will continue to become less relevant. It used to mean a great deal to be on the cover. That sense of pride will likely fade even more as well.

LVH

Dave Campbell's is trash. All of their staff are raging leftist who spend more time on their Twitter/social media accounts soapboxing about progressive politics and virtue signalling wokeism rather than, you know, talking about Texas Football.

Dave Campbell if he were still alive would be spinning in his grave.

Eight

Dave Campbell's is trash. All of their staff are raging leftist who spend more time on their Twitter/social media accounts soapboxing about progressive politics and virtue signalling wokeism rather than, you know, talking about Texas Football.

Dave Campbell if he were still alive would be spinning in his grave.

wait, if dave were ALIVE he would be spinning in his grave?

damn, the folks in waco have done some scheissed up [ Finebaum ], but burying a man alive might just top it all