• The KillerFrogs

What's the story with Renfro? nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricksterh

Because inquiring minds want to know: Sophomore receiver Clint Renfro has not been practicing, but he has been spotted at practice twice over the first four days. He is not on the 105-man roster.

=================================================================

This doesn't answer the question completely but was in a local article and may help some. :biggrin:

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Aug 8 2008, 09:01 AM) [snapback]186192[/snapback]
Cortisone shots.

Isn't it pretty safe to assume that it's unlikely this kid ever catches a pass for TCU.

joejordan

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Aug 8 2008, 10:09 AM) [snapback]186198[/snapback]
Isn't it pretty safe to assume that it's unlikely this kid ever catches a pass for TCU.

Sure go ahead.

SnoSki

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Aug 8 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]186198[/snapback]

What happened in the first place? Was it so bad that it's taken 3 years to heal, or have there been multiple injuries?

DaCrief

well...maybe one day he will. He is still just a Sophomore and we did lose some young WR recruits so maybe he'll show something by his senior year.

feeling very optimistic today...its gonna be a good day.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Aug 8 2008, 09:09 AM) [snapback]186198[/snapback]

Had put it in another post and not counting him out, but if he does play it will be a huge bonus. Not sure which Dr he is seeing, but may be time to switch to someone with a more open mind to different treatments.

Tendonitis issues that lag for this long are either because he keeps trying to come back too soon or treatment is incorrect. In his case it may be a lot of each.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Austintxfrog94 @ Aug 8 2008, 10:36 AM) [snapback]186228[/snapback]
Is he hurt or injured? There's a difference.

He's hurting from an injury.

LMc44

QUOTE(Austintxfrog94 @ Aug 8 2008, 03:36 PM) [snapback]186228[/snapback]
Is he hurt or injured? There's a difference.

My bet is that he has an injury that hurts.

ross

KMA
last year he told me that it was his achiles tendon. not sure why it will not get better. i agree with Fiesty i think i would seek a second medical opinion.

MountainWestFrog

QUOTE(ross @ Aug 8 2008, 06:18 PM) [snapback]186313[/snapback]
last year he told me that it was his achiles tendon. not sure why it will not get better. i agree with Fiesty i think i would seek a second medical opinion.

Yeah, but what do you know! :biggrin:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Aug 8 2008, 09:01 AM) [snapback]186192[/snapback]
Cortisone shots.

[SIZE=10pt]Viva Cuervo!![/SIZE]

:ph34r:

Frog on Ice

QUOTE(ross @ Aug 8 2008, 01:18 PM) [snapback]186313[/snapback]

agreed! he didnt rupture the thing and have to have surgery. heck even surgery on the achiles is not a 3 year rehab. its time for a second or third opinion and treatment plan......or to medical list him. Lets just hope the trainers can get him going soon (if that who working with him)

LMc44

Greg Ellis had a severe achiles injury and made the Pro Bowl the following year.

Is that the real problem or do we need to look under the rug? Something just doesn't seem right to me.

iancurtis

QUOTE(LMc44 @ Aug 9 2008, 03:16 PM) [snapback]186559[/snapback]
Greg Ellis had a severe achiles injury and made the Pro Bowl the following year.

Is that the real problem or do we need to look under the rug? Something just doesn't seem right to me.

Greg Ellis is the exception to the rule on Achilles injuries. Sometimes these are the trickiest injuries there are. Ruptures usually end careers because they normally just don't come back the same. Without a complete tear you have things like stress fractures, bone spurs, chronic tendinitis that won't go away.

The brillance of the medical experts above is staggering and maybe you guys should contact the TCU Sports Medicine department (one of the best in the nation) and let them know that they should seek a second or third opinion. I'm sure they haven't thought about this at all.

While you are at it, contact Mike Renfro and tell him the same thing because he probably has never dealt with football or injuries or anything like that while he was playing for the Cowboys. I'm sure too that he is in a financial bind and doesn't have any resources or connections to get his son checked out.

Frog on Ice

Greg Ellis is the exception to the rule on Achilles injuries. Sometimes these are the trickiest injuries there are. Ruptures usually end careers because they normally just don't come back the same. Without a complete tear you have things like stress fractures, bone spurs, chronic tendinitis that won't go away.

The brillance of the medical experts above is staggering and maybe you guys should contact the TCU Sports Medicine department (one of the best in the nation) and let them know that they should seek a second or third opinion. I'm sure they haven't thought about this at all.

One of the best in the nation?? What is your point of reference for that comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.