• The KillerFrogs

What's a sports photo(or video)that you'll remember forever?

hiphopfroggy

b28p1gntov42rpii5brp

FrogAbroad

Can't get video to play but vaguely remember this. Unfortunate hyphening though. Not sure I wouldn't have just continued a Andersen. -- or what was it before it got filtered?
Evidently it won't play directly from the KFC website--sorry 'bout that, it worked fine when I tested it before posting. HOWever...if you click on the Watch on YouTube thingy it will play just fine, no issues. I checked it out again, using this step, and it played A-OK for me.

FrogAbroad

And speaking of horses, something I often do...

...there are several organizations out there that rescue mustangs, the descendants of those horses that were brought to the Americas by the Spaniards back in the early 16th century. Herds of them still roam the American West, in spite of plague, pestilence and people who shoot them or haul them off to slaughter for dog food or for export to countries where horsemeat is human food. A few years back Extreme Mustang Makeover was founded to educate folks about the value of the American mustang beyond the cannery. Wild, unbroken horses are turned over to people who pledge to care for and train them, but not for keeps, just for 120 days. At the end of that time they're taken to regional competitions to exhibit what they've learned at the hands of their humans. They have just four months to gentle and train a wild horse and then to compete together, maybe win a prize, then part as the horse leaves its first-ever loving human and becomes a member of a new family.

Samantha drew horse #7906 and their journey began. Through four months of patience, persistence and downright love the two learned to trust one another. At the end of their time together #7906 had become "Snooze," a pretty little 5-year old mare who was ready for her "forever home."

The video takes about 15 minutes to view. If you watch it please watch the whole thing and just think about all the love, expertise and plain ol' hard work Sam and Snooze invest in one another.

Last edited:

AroundWorldFrog

And speaking of horses, something I often do...

...there are several organizations out there that rescue mustangs, the descendants of those horses that were brought to the Americas by the Spaniards back in the early 16th century. Herds of them still roam the American West, in spite of plague, pestilence and people who shoot them or haul them off to slaughter for dog food or for export to countries where horsemeat is human food. A few years back Extreme Mustang Makeover was founded to educate folks about the value of the American mustang beyond the cannery. Wild, unbroken horses are turned over to people who pledge to care for and train them, but not for keeps, just for 120 days. At the end of that time they're taken to regional competitions to exhibit what they've learned at the hands of their humans. They have just four months to gentle and train a wild horse and then to compete together, maybe win a prize, then part as the horse leaves its first-ever loving human and becomes a member of a new family.

Samantha drew horse #7906 and their journey began. Through four months of patience, persistence and downright love the two learned to trust one another. At the end of their time together #7906 had become "Snooze," a pretty little 5-year old mare who was ready for her "forever home."

The video takes about 15 minutes to view. If you watch it please watch the whole thing and just think about all the love, expertise and plain ol' hard work Sam and Snooze invest in one another.

Thanks for posting that video. Both an amazing mustang and young woman. As you probably know, there are several wild mustang herds in Wyoming. The Salt Wells Creek and White Mountain herds in the Rock Springs and Green River areas are being decimated by BLM practices. We went to the Rock Springs holding area to look at horses and it is a pox on humanity especially during a roundup. We've been fortunate enough to see lots of wild horses and someday we may adapt one for my wife. If anyone is a horse whisperer, it is her (and animals in general). These dudes mean business....by a great young photographer and advocate (look up her name on the photo on FB, she posts mainly on Wyoming Through the Lens).

144910153_426737945045268_5228996238157680633_o.jpg

131418116_398858524499877_1520349594752337851_o.jpg

Eight

An incredible horse. I tried to think of equivalents in the human sporting world and maybe MJ?

ussain bolt dominated sprinting unlike any male or female athlete ever and in all honesty jordan's dominance isn't on the same level

when bolt ran 9.58 in the 100M at the world championships in berlin he turned his head to check the time before crossing the finish line. he knocked more than a tenth off his prior world record time which was the biggest drop in wr time ever for the event.

he so dominated the field that second place finisher tyson gay ran the third fastest 100M ever (behind bolt's 9.69 and 9.58) and wasn't close to bolt at the end of the race

later in those world championships bolt dropped his wr in the 200M from 19.30 to 19.19 in the first race ever in which 4 runners went under 20.00 flat, his margin of victory (0.62) was the biggest for the event in world championship history and is even more impressive when you factor he had a slight head wind down the final stretch

bolt is the only olympic sprinter to win the 100M and 200M 3 consecutive times and won 4 consecutive world championships in the 100M and 200M

Last edited:

AroundWorldFrog

ussain bolt dominated sprinting unlike any male or female athlete ever and in all honesty jordan's dominance isn't on the same level

when bolt ran 9.58 in the 100M at the world championships in berlin he turned his head to check the time before crossing the finish line. he knocked more than a tenth off his prior world record time which was the biggest drop in wr time ever for the event.

he so dominated the field that second place finisher tyson gay ran the third fastest 100M ever (behind bolt's 9.69 and 9.58) and wasn't close to bolt at the end of the race

later in those world championships bolt dropped his wr in the 200M from 19.30 to 19.19 in the first race ever in which 4 runners went under 20.00 flat, his margin of victory (0.62) was the biggest for the event in world championship history and is even more impressive when you factor he had a slight head wind down the final stretch

bolt is the only olympic sprinter to win the 100M and 200M 3 consecutive times and won 4 consecutive world championships in the 100M and 200M
I agree with Bolt and thought about him. Very dominating. Can he run 1.5 miles?

Eight

I agree with Bolt and thought about him. Very dominating. Can he run 1.5 miles?

at once? not sure, heck he originally was a quartermiler but hated the training

think the last distance guy of note was mo farrah who is one of two who have won back to back 5,000M and 10,000M olympic titlles

Evidently it won't play directly from the KFC website--sorry 'bout that, it worked fine when I tested it before posting. HOWever...if you click on the Watch on YouTube thingy it will play just fine, no issues. I checked it out again, using this step, and it played A-OK for me.
My browser tells me the IOC has blockrd the video. Freakin commie.pinko [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ].

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Seeing the MJ reference above, I began looking for the vid of him hitting a game-winner against the Celtics, with Larry Bird watching, then staggering forward to collapse as if harpooned.

Don't know when it happened, but it was a great shot.