• The KillerFrogs

What's a sports photo(or video)that you'll remember forever?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Hopefully it wasn’t the 5’6 tough guy in front of me that turned around, and eye ball scheissed me when I asked him why he wasn’t still yelling “Raider Power” like he had done the first 7 innings of the game.
Lmao. No he's 6'3 and looks nerdy as hell. Looks like a chubby version of Where's Waldo.

CountryFrog

As a football coach, specifically receivers and DB's, I often use JD as a reference to the importance of high-pointing the ball to both my offensive AND defensive players. I have watched football my entire life and to this day I don't think I've ever seen a college player go up and after the ball the way he did. I am heartbroken that he wasn't able to shed the injury bug and showcase what we watched for the rest of the world to see.

Fro Gogs, Son't Duck
Larry Fitzgerald at Pitt

But yea, JD was phenomenal at it too.

Paint It Purple

Wayne Daniels starting a TCU Frogs chant on 6th street the night the frogs knocked off UT in our first game against them in the Big 12.

Will never forget post game walking down the upper deck ramps to the echos of TCU TCU AND RIFF RAM. Horn fans just hung their heads. But, I’ll say this...their fans were gracious and many said, come with us and have a beer. What a night.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Will never forget post game walking down the upper deck ramps to the echos of TCU TCU AND RIFF RAM. Horn fans just hung their heads. But, I’ll say this...their fans were gracious and many said, come with us and have a beer. What a night.
We were sitting down by our band in the endzone and all you could hear when we were walking down to the concourse was TCU TCU TCU!!! It was great.

Paint It Purple

CWS just isn't the same without that old park.
You couldn’t be more right. Our seats that night were actually on the FSU 3rd base dugout side. It was priceless. We could see all the TCU group celebrating over on the first base side and wished we were there to join in, but it was was rich to witness the utter disbelieve and despair of the FSU fans. I guess Rosenblatt was a decrepit dump but to me it was a baseball cathedral.

Realtorfrog

aarongreen.jpg
Surrounded by a sea of red and black it was awesome!!

Paint It Purple

The dude with the bow and arrow lighting the Olympic Flame...

I was there that night. Our seats were down low coming out of the second curve and actually missed the archer. All I saw was the the flame light and wondered what happened. Saw a video replay and thought, “oh, that was cool”.
Side story: Trading Olympic pins was always a big deal. This big tall dude comes up and asks me if I’d trade for one the pins on my hat. I said sure. I gave him one of mine and he gives me a dream team pin. It was Jerry West.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I was there that night. Our seats were down low coming out of the second curve and actually missed the archer. All I saw was the the flame light and wondered what happened. Saw a video replay and thought, “oh, that was cool”.
Side story: Trading Olympic pins was always a big deal. This big tall dude comes up and asks me if I’d trade for one the pins on my hat. I said sure. I gave him one of mine and he gives me a dream team pin. It was Jerry West.
Oh, that is fabulous! I have never been to an Olympics, always measured the possibility of fun vs. the annoyance of crowds, lines, etc. I sort of get the feeling that there probably won't be an Olympics in a few more cycles, alas...

Paint It Purple

Oh, that is fabulous! I have never been to an Olympics, always measured the possibility of fun vs. the annoyance of crowds, lines, etc. I sort of get the feeling that there probably won't be an Olympics in a few more cycles, alas...
I was incredibly fortunate. My company sponsored Olympic venues inside the athlete’s village for Seoul 1988 and Barcelona 92. Spent about 2 months at each Olympics as technical advisor. Too many stories to tell and lots of memories.

tcudoc

Wish could find the clip of Tech fans watching this video in the bar. They are so excited to see they won, but wait...No! He caught it! We lose!
It is the greatest. If someone has it, please post it!
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!
I predict it will be posted by someone within ten hours.

FrogAbroad

I'm not a big track and field fan at all, but for some reason I was watching back in '84 when television coverage switched to the women's marathon when Gabriela Andersen-Schiess entered the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. I guess they sensed it was a significant moment, and certainly it was and still is. I watched every step she took...silently, internally, I was cheering for her to finish, hoping against hope no one would rush in to "help" and thereby steal the victory from this incredibly brave and determined woman. When she crossed the finish line I was in tears, just like thousands of others then and since.

I watched this video over the weekend, and again this morning, in my office. The tears were still there.

I'm not a big track and field fan at all, but foXr some reason I was watching back in '84 when television coverage switched to the women's marathon when Gabriela Andersen-Schiess entered the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. I guess they sensed it was a significant moment, and certainly it was and still is. I watched every step she took...silently, internally, I was cheering for her to finish, hoping against hope no one would rush in to "help" and thereby steal the victory from this incredibly brave and determined woman. When she crossed the finish line I was in tears, just like thousands of others then and since.

I watched this video over the weekend, and again this morning, in my office. The tears were still there.

Can't get video to play but vaguely remember this. Unfortunate hyphening though. Not sure I wouldn't have just continued a Andersen. -- or what was it before it got filtered?