• The KillerFrogs

What would you do if you were AD?

What would you do if you were AD?

• Fire Gary. Initiate nationwide coaching search.

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • Force Gary to clean house and bring in new coaches and ideas on both sides of the ball.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Force Gary to hire a new OC that has full discretion as to who is on his staff.

Votes: 47 44.3%
  • Give Gary another year to right the ship on his own.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters

HFrog1999

two-chicks.jpg

Big Frog II

I would make him clean house on offense. Do a nationwide search for an OC who can bring in his own staff. Maybe keep Malcolm Kelly
I think we are at this point. I was hoping we would make big changes after last year, but unfortunately we did not. We went with the band-aid approach and it is not working. We have no depth at QB and no depth at OL. Our play calling doesn't fool too many people. That's got to be someone's fault.

Froggish

Firing a legend who is so deeply associated with this program would be a monumental disaster. Not because he doesn’t deserve it but because the optics would spoil our next hire. Can’t take a chance on killing off the desirability of the job.

The next guy has a chance to take over a P5 program with a unique and strong brand that’s located in the hot bed recruiting market. As long as TV money checks are poppin, there is clearly low expectations by the administration for W/Ls. Who wouldn’t want the TCU job?

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Talk to Coach P after the season. If he wants to continue at TCU, determine why adding Kill and Meach to the mix with Cumbie plus Anderson at o-line was not the answer. Urge him to fix all that immediately. If Coach P digs in and goes with status quo, it must be made clear that if we don’t at least finish in the upper half of the conference next year, and are on a path to soon challenge for a conference championship, it’ll be time to part ways.

I’m not sure Donati or anyone can force Coach P to do anything. It’s Gary’s choice how this goes. Leash is getting short.

“One more year!” “One more year!” “One more year!” “One win better than average!” “Get on a path!” “When is soon?”

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I mean it's real easy for someone to force him, assuming the people that have the power to do it actually WANT to......

Hey Gary, yeah listen man, we're tired of paying you 6 million plus a year to run that [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]show of an offense out there each week so here's what we're gonna do.... we're gonna get rid of Anderson, Meach, and Sonny and bring in someone that has the autonomy to do whatever he wants with the offense OR you can retire. Let me know. Thanks.

That aint gonna happen with GP.

Froggish

That aint gonna happen with GP.

My prediction is Sonny will go and be replaced by another OC who we'll call a “Co-OC” with Meacham. He’ll start out handcuffed because he couldn’t bring anyone with him and things will look a little better for about half a season. GP will do the bare minimum to say he made changes and we'll have this same discussion next year.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

First I would fire Gary and name myself as the new HC while also retaining my AD title. Then I'd give myself full autonomy to bring in my own staff. Next I'd give myself a fully guaranteed 12 year contract (suck it Jimbo Fisher) making myself the highest paid coach in the sport (suck it Nick Saban) with a clause that guarantees I will always make at least 10% more than any other coach.

And with all the money that I'll be making then I'll have no problem doing 2 or more girls at once whenever I feel like it.

I think next year is the year. We have a ton of experience coming back on both sides of the ball. I'd say, Big XII conference championship game or bust.

CardFrog

My bigger concern is the portal. If this is where we are then why in the world would some of our better talented skill players want to hang around for a potential turn around? Its too easy for players to up and leave and I am worried we may see some of that....or really more of that I guess since we have seen some already.

Wexahu

My bigger concern is the portal. If this is where we are then why in the world would some of our better talented skill players want to hang around for a potential turn around? Its too easy for players to up and leave and I am worried we may see some of that....or really more of that I guess since we have seen some already.

If some of our better, more talented players leave if there is a coaching change, so be it. Not worried about that at all. Players come and go, we’ll find new ones. The ones that like being at TCU will probably stay.

PO Frog

My prediction is Sonny will go and be replaced by another OC who we'll call a “Co-OC” with Meacham. He’ll start out handcuffed because he couldn’t bring anyone with him and things will look a little better for about half a season. GP will do the bare minimum to say he made changes and we'll have this same discussion next year.
I sadly agree with this.

So we've found the "Next year is our year guy"
Hey, if we don't go at least 9-3, 8-4 next year, I'll agree that GP has lost his step. Until then, give the issues we've had at QB and both lines, I think the old guy still has something left in him.

I'm sure you'll be ecstatic when if we fail again next year.

McGregor's Goat

I saw some South Carolina fans on Twitter yesterday basically saying, "We should definitely talk to Urban Meyer. He's a jerk with a huge ego, but we would be crazy not to talk to him." And I thought, "what a bunch of delusional clowns." Then I thought, "Yeah, TCU fans are the same way and we look just as dumb."

The other thing that occurred to me is that, just like every year, there will be competition and you can't just "go get" the obvious choices like Luke Fickell or even Billy Napier.

I have to be honest and admit I'm so demoralized that I kind of want Gary to retire, but on an intellectual level I know that if that happens there is a high probability that TCU will botch the hire, and maybe several hires. See: Tennessee, Michigan, Texas, Nebraska (all schools that are way higher in the pecking order than TCU).