• The KillerFrogs

What we know

Putt4Purple

Didn’t say beyond repair. Said beyond minor repairs. I tell you what…Jeff Monken, Dave Doeren, Bronco Mendenhall, Jeff Hadley, Scott Satterfield, Brian Bohannon, Matt Entz….those are just a few of that I would take over what we have now from one P5 conference plus some others. But as I told you…unless there’s character issues I’m willing to try many possibilities to change the culture of this program. And I never use the standard of “it could be worse”….. I can always think of things that are worse than the status quo so I’d be eternally paralyzed if I held to that fatalistic standard. Finally, I’m not on a “quest” for anything. Keep staring at the wake….speaking of Wake…..
Well said. Those names are many and I have not researched them to critique them. I get your point about searching, I get the desire for change. I don't agree with that position for change yet. I as others are willing to be more patient and to let this group of recuits, players play together and mature. Let Gary who still has fire in his belly looking at him on the sidelines do his thing! Yes he has earned that patience with a lot of people even though many think that is wrong. The coaching change WILL happen sooner than most of you think but not happen on your terms or conditions. Be patient.

Eight

Well said. Those names are many and I have not researched them to critique them. I get your point about searching, I get the desire for change. I don't agree with that position for change yet. I as others are willing to be more patient and to let this group of recuits, players play together and mature. Let Gary who still has fire in his belly looking at him on the sidelines do his thing! Yes he has earned that patience with a lot of people even though many think that is wrong. The coaching change WILL happen sooner than most of you think but not happen on your terms or conditions. Be patient.

question on your belief that you are willing to let this group of recruits play together and mature. exactly which group because this is not a young roster or a young starting 11.

there are multiple players in their 3rd and 4th years in the program starting so exactly which group is "this group"?

CountryFrog

I've been patient for 4 years. I was one of the people telling others to calm the scheiss down in 18 and 19. Then I stayed kind of quiet on the matter for the most part last year because I started to have real worries myself. And if this season finishes with less than 8 wins then that's it for me. How long should we have to be patient for? 6 years? 10 years? 20 years?

How about you Longtimlurker? Who's your Savior? Your easy to criticize G.P. but who would you replace him with? You stated previously that you were scarred and or disturbed by coach G. P.'s coaching method/style as a former player, supposedly.
Are you brave enough and have the courage to name a replacement? I doubt it. Your riding the short skirt tails of Fis-quits. Let's hear it.
His replacement is not my job nor relevant to the discussion of a person not performing. You don’t stay with an underperforming manager just because you don’t have someone lined up. You argument is about what if’s and insults, it’s weak and deflecting from the issue. We all like and appreciate coach but this isn’t working and hasn’t worked for a long time. It’s weird you want the program to sink because of something from +6 years ago. Honestly you don’t have a clue, I’m sure you want to reference HS ball but it’s different buddy, it’s cut throat and all about performance. I’m not an expert but I sure as scheiss know what’s going down at ACG more then you

Last edited:

GenXFrog

I've been patient for 4 years. I was one of the people telling others to calm the scheiss down in 18 and 19. Then I stayed kind of quiet on the matter for the most part last year because I started to have real worries myself. And if this season finishes with less than 8 wins then that's it for me. How long should we have to be patient for? 6 years? 10 years? 20 years?
History says up to 35, and some posters like to remind us how they were okay with that.

I am not.

Fiscuits

This team has/had 18 returning starters. It is not young. He’s teams have been mediocre to below mediocre since 2016. How much more patience is required? And we can include this season by now, so that is 6 seasons of mediocre to below mediocre conference football. (and yes in 2017 we did go to Big 12 title game in the worst year for Big 12 Football since ever). But in 2018, right back to 4-5 in conference ..

Patience has run out. The numbers and stats do not lie. The vast majority of Gary’s success was before the Big 12. In P5 football…he is a mid tier head coach at best. It’s a statistical fact and not an opinion.

CountryFrog

This team has/had 18 returning starters. It is not young. He’s teams have been mediocre to below mediocre since 2016. How much more patience is required? And we can include this season by now, so that is 6 seasons of mediocre to below mediocre conference football. (and yes in 2017 we did go to Big 12 title game in the worst year for Big 12 Football since ever). But in 2018, right back to 4-5 in conference ..

Patience has run out. The numbers and stats do not lie. The vast majority of Gary’s success was before the Big 12. In P5 football…he is a mid tier head coach at best. It’s a statistical fact and not an opinion.
No need to minimize what the team and staff accomplished in 2017 to make any of these points. There is plenty of legitimately bad football since 2016 to make the point without needing to attempt to turn something that was really good into a failure somehow.

Fiscuits

No need to minimize what the team and staff accomplished in 2017 to make any of these points. There is plenty of legitimately bad football since 2016 to make the point without needing to attempt to turn something that was really good into a failure somehow.
Wasn’t a failure - but it was an aberration. If it was t we’d have been more competitive the years following. Especially in 2017.

Fiscuits

Unfortunately it does appear that it was perhaps a bit of an aberration. It was still a really good team though.
I agree - it was a good team. And let's just say we look at it through the lens of; from 2014 - 2017 - 3 out of 4 years - we had the top or near top the team in the Big 12. Not bad at all. Problem is......that was four years ago. Four years in College Football is an eternity. And since then, we've haven't been close to that level. We've moved farther away from it.

Farmfrog

I wish I had the answer but I do know coach isn’t doing a good job right now. There is a 70+% chance the next coach won’t be able to turn this around but for me there is a 90+% chance that Gary can’t either. So I don’t think the risk is really all that high plus we might find the next Gary and everyone would be ecstatic.