• The KillerFrogs

What we know

Nick Danger

GP has brought more $ into TCU than anyone ever. The fire GP faction are like people that use toilet paper thinking they should set the corporate policy for Proctor and Gamble.
The folks that quietly become discouraged and lose interest, then decide to just stop buying season tickets, attending third-tier bowl games, donating to the program, and stop following the team on message boards, or on social media, stop paying attention to recruiting, or listening to pod casts, and surreptitiously move on to other, more enjoyable interests, are the bigger, more insidious problem.

One day, the administration will look up and discover that those anemic, early-season crowds, have quietly become the norm, throughout the season . . . regardless of opponent, and they won't have a clue as to why or what to do about it.

Last edited:

Fiscuits

Hey Dutch, Fis -quits says he is an alum but I dont believe him/her. If he/she truly believes what it is saying then tell us who to replace G.P. with and then guarantee they will be better than now! Fis-quits a coward and will not do it. He's a Troll.
Lol…it’s amusing when anyone has a differing opinion, how it triggers some.

At this point, Putt, my question for you would be who could
do worse? With our facilities, recruiting base, donor / alumni / fan support….there are hundreds of coaches who could lead us to right below .500 football like Gary is / does. Don’t you want to kick the tires on someone who might be able to Improve that? Does being 3-6 in Big 12 play, really feel that differently than 4-5 or 5-4? And does going to some worthless bowl game named after a piece of landscape equipment or kids snack really do it for you? Is that the goal?

If so, long live Gary.

But for me…I believe we can do better.

Putt4Purple

Lol…it’s amusing when anyone has a differing opinion, how it triggers some.

At this point, Putt, my question for you would be who could
do worse? With our facilities, recruiting base, donor / alumni / fan support….there are hundreds of coaches who could lead us to right below .500 football like Gary is / does. Don’t you want to kick the tires on someone who might be able to Improve that? Does being 3-6 in Big 12 play, really feel that differently than 4-5 or 5-4? And does going to some worthless bowl game named after a piece of landscape equipment or kids snack really do it for you? Is that the goal?

If so, long live Gary.

But for me…I believe we can do better.
So by GOD! name someone! Anyone who you think who can do better! You cannot and will not so why all the bluster? Difference of opinion my (Ass) Joe Biden, your Trolling. Coward. Name someone! There are three coaches currently on the hot seat in other college campuses. Manny Diaz, Miami University, Scott Frost, Nebraska, Justin Fuentes, Virginia Tech. Do you have the Balls/Vagina to say you like any of them to replace G. P. and then guarantee they will have a better tenor and record? Prove me wrong right now! Tell me who you want!!

Fiscuits

So by GOD! name someone! Anyone who you think who can do better! You cannot and will not so why all the bluster? Difference of opinion my (Ass) Joe Biden, your Trolling. Coward. Name someone! There are three coaches currently on the hot seat in other college campuses. Manny Diaz, Miami University, Scott Frost, Nebraska, Justin Fuentes, Virginia Tech. Do you have the Balls/Vagina to say you like any of them to replace G. P. and then guarantee they will have a better tenor and record? Prove me wrong right now! Tell me who you want!!
Settle down … I did in one of the other threads.

First Names that come to mind are:

Mark Helfeich
K e n d a l l B r I l e s
Liam Coen

Fiscuits

Coach O went 49-17 at LSU with a Natty and he gone.

Set an expectation level, hire for it…and if not attained, try again.

Putt4Purple

Settle down … I did in one of the other threads.

First Names that come to mind are:

Mark Helfeich
K e n d a l l B r I l e s
Liam Coen
Mark Helfeich. Really? A washed up coach from Oregon who was 4-8 in his last season. That is your savior?
Kendell Briles who is the current offensive coordinator at Arkansas and who's past history was with a Baylor program flushed with crime! He is your Savior?
Liam Coen to be honest I have not heard much of other than he is an offensive coordinator for Kentucky and has done well for the past couple of years. Is he the reason for Kentucky's success or the head coach M. Stoops?
This is your Savior?
Again I say your a Troll. You have displayed your ignorance as far as football knowledge.
It's easy to criticize but to actually display leadership and knowledge you Fis-quits are lacking terribly.
Go Frogs! and go Gary Patterson!

Last edited:

Putt4Purple

Now you’re the minority so please sell us on keeping him
How about you Longtimlurker? Who's your Savior? Your easy to criticize G.P. but who would you replace him with? You stated previously that you were scarred and or disturbed by coach G. P.'s coaching method/style as a former player, supposedly.
Are you brave enough and have the courage to name a replacement? I doubt it. Your riding the short skirt tails of Fis-quits. Let's hear it.

Last edited:

Eight

not my job to know because i won't be making that decision, but the idea that gary is the only one who can effectively coach the tcu program is one i just don't believe nor do i have to have the name of a sure fire successor to know something is wrong in this program and has been for a few years

don't have to be a doctor to know when i am sick and don't need to be a french trained chef to know a meal tastes great. there are people who get paid very good money to come up with those answers so maybe you need to be directing that question to jeremiah

Pharm Frog

Tired act. No matter what anyone says you are gonna attack and/or claim that the hire can’t be made. You are content with GP and mediocrity. And that’s okay. Lots of people are content to be mediocre. But I’ll give you something to work with…I’d take just under half of all current D1 head coaches, 10-12 coordinators, 6-7 FCS head coaches, and any number of coaches in the NFL and CFL. In other words, I’m to the point of “almost anyone but”. Gotta completely break down this program. It’s been beyond minor repairs for years.

Wexahu

I wouldn’t be willing to guarantee anything, because nothing is guaranteed. But I’d be willing to give it a shot at this point.

I don’t worry about losing GP anymore. I worry about him staying too long.

Putt4Purple

Tired act. No matter what anyone says you are gonna attack and/or claim that the hire can’t be made. You are content with GP and mediocrity. And that’s okay. Lots of people are content to be mediocre. But I’ll give you something to work with…I’d take just under half of all current D1 head coaches, 10-12 coordinators, 6-7 FCS head coaches, and any number of coaches in the NFL and CFL. In other words, I’m to the point of “almost anyone but”. Gotta completely break down this program. It’s been beyond minor repairs for years.
Your wrong about being beyond repair. How wrong you are. It can be much worse. Mediocraty is your best wish. If your willing to risk it then your not responsible in the end other people are. Easy to criticize but your still unable to name anyone. You're quest is a fruitless endeavor that you will never live to see!

Pharm Frog

Your wrong about being beyond repair. How wrong you are. It can be much worse. Mediocraty is your best wish. If your willing to risk it then your not responsible in the end other people are. Easy to criticize but your still unable to name anyone. You're quest is a fruitless endeavor that you will never live to see!
Didn’t say beyond repair. Said beyond minor repairs. I tell you what…Jeff Monken, Dave Doeren, Bronco Mendenhall, Jeff Hadley, Scott Satterfield, Brian Bohannon, Matt Entz….those are just a few of that I would take over what we have now from one P5 conference plus some others. But as I told you…unless there’s character issues I’m willing to try many possibilities to change the culture of this program. And I never use the standard of “it could be worse”….. I can always think of things that are worse than the status quo so I’d be eternally paralyzed if I held to that fatalistic standard. Finally, I’m not on a “quest” for anything. Keep staring at the wake….speaking of Wake…..