• The KillerFrogs

What we are hearing from the Big 12 and Pac 12

tcudoc

His acts in Something About Mary and What About Bob were something else. The guy is super talented, really makes you wonder why isn't in more films and shows?
I feel the same way about Martin Short. Super talented but very few truly quality outlets for his talent over his long career. He and Chris Elliott likely needed better agents.

He is a true talent. He should have been the main character on Schitt’s Creek. He is woefully underutilized on most projects he has done in his career. I still have the DVD set of his short lived Fox series Get a Life, where he plays a 35 year old paperboy who lives with his parents. Very low budget and corny, but also glorious at the same time.

With Bryan Doyle Murray as his dad. Such a genius show.

Brevity Frog

His acts in Something About Mary and What About Bob were something else. The guy is super talented, really makes you wonder why isn't in more films and shows?
I think you probably mean Groundhog’s Day instead of What about Bob? In any even both great movies and Elliott was wonderful in GD.

Brevity Frog

also I think the answer to your question is that Entertainment writers (and possibly our overall society) simply aren’t smart enough or dedicated enough to write for a comedic genius like Elliott. Currently it seems much of our humor talent and efforts are being wasted on memes, short videos, etc rather than great comedy movie or tv writing.

The opposite is true btw on the drama writing front. We are experiencing a golden age there. But humor writing for movies and tv is in a sad state.

HornyWartyToad

Is all this what we are hearing from the Big 12 and Pac 12? Trying to get the connection.
Do you even KFC, bro? :)

Serious side, just read an article by Trammel speculating (based one what, who knows) more about a B12-Notre Dame package carried by NBC. Seems plausible enough. Would be NBC's sole CFB product and let B12 exist without being beholden to ESPN or Fox, which sounds pretty darn good to me.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Do you even KFC, bro? :)

Serious side, just read an article by Trammel speculating (based one what, who knows) more about a B12-Notre Dame package carried by NBC. Seems plausible enough. Would be NBC's sole CFB product and let B12 exist without being beholden to ESPN or Fox, which sounds pretty darn good to me.
That would be wonderful. Wonderful!