• The KillerFrogs

What we are hearing from the Big 12 and Pac 12

Hemingway

It would appear that Arizona and CU are the most eager. Utah and ASU appear hesitant. Also chatter of a G5 team the conference may be interested in and my assumption is SDSU, to which I can see the attraction if and it would cut off PAC's top expansion target. If the goal is 20 I would say they are definitely in play.
And how would SDSU afford to pay for travel to the states with pro-life laws?

CountryFrog

It would appear that Arizona and CU are the most eager. Utah and ASU appear hesitant. Also chatter of a G5 team the conference may be interested in and my assumption is SDSU, to which I can see the attraction if and it would cut off PAC's top expansion target. If the goal is 20 I would say they are definitely in play.
Why would we care if the PAC takes SDSU? They should take all the MWC teams they want and we should celebrate each one of them.

McFroggin

They’ll change their tune if we grab even 2. A couple more hits is all the dominoes needed to cause a chain reaction. PAC 12 is on the edge of failing.

Eight

could very much see the pac adding sdsu to keep a socal presence

good sized school, don't share the area with another pac school

don't know about their stadium situation, but would be worth adding for the pac

the big issue to me is who else did they add and the answer isn't boise

Frog-O-Rama

could very much see the pac adding sdsu to keep a socal presence

good sized school, don't share the area with another pac school

don't know about their stadium situation, but would be worth adding for the pac

the big issue to me is who else did they add and the answer isn't boise
New stadium ready for 2022 season. Seating 35,000. Same location as Qualcomm.

Klaw

Why would we care if the PAC takes SDSU? They should take all the MWC teams they want and we should celebrate each one of them.

This is a fight for survival and the SD state and the Southern California market for recruiting and TV market is their top expansion candidate.

I believe SD state is an attractive expansion candidate for the big 12 for multiple reasons. Good athletics (both football and basketball), large TV market, recruiting and good travel partners for 4 corner schools

gofor2

There isn't anyone left in the P12 that adds revenue for us.
If we are doing a straight add-for-increased competition move, Oregon is an easy call.
Washington? They had a few decent seasons when Chris Petersen was there. He's long gone and UW is back in the [ Finebaum ] bin.

CountryFrog

This is a fight for survival and the SD state and the Southern California market for recruiting and TV market is their top expansion candidate.

I believe SD state is an attractive expansion candidate for the big 12 for multiple reasons. Good athletics (both football and basketball), large TV market, recruiting and good travel partners for 4 corner schools
God no. Please no.