• The KillerFrogs

What Role Did KF.C Play?

steelfrog

Tier 1
If any?

Steel has always assumed that we are a hearty but small band who enjoys cheering for teams and debating and eviscerating one another. There can’t be more than a couple hundred routine posters on here.

Once years ago when steel was ranting about Mormons apparently Gary his own self contacted kfc management and management prevailed upon steel to cut it out.

But for the most part steel assumed (and continues to assume) that kfc is a bit of an echo chamber that doesn’t attract the attention of the coaches , administration or influential donors.

For that reason steel assumed that kfc had little to nothing to do with Gary’s demise as coach.

Does anyone else have different info?

Limey Frog

I believe head coaches when they say they don't read message boards. I'm willing to believe athletics directors. I don't believe that no one reads them. Whoever's job it is, someone(s) are reading, and the powers that be know exactly what fans are thinking--at every program.

They also know that we're a hopeless bunch of GIF-sharing, irascible basic dads.

HFrog1999

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-2.gif

LisaLT

If any?

Steel has always assumed that we are a hearty but small band who enjoys cheering for teams and debating and eviscerating one another. There can’t be more than a couple hundred routine posters on here.

Once years ago when steel was ranting about Mormons apparently Gary his own self contacted kfc management and management prevailed upon steel to cut it out.

But for the most part steel assumed (and continues to assume) that kfc is a bit of an echo chamber that doesn’t attract the attention of the coaches , administration or influential donors.

For that reason steel assumed that kfc had little to nothing to do with Gary’s demise as coach.

Does anyone else have different info?
That's an interesting question. I don't doubt that various school officials, players (current and former), players families, coaching staff and others in the athletic department read through the forums here. Probably media writers too :)

What influence KFC has is this - it represents the POV of the fan base, and those who are very vested in seeing our sports programs succeed.

steelfrog

Tier 1
I believe head coaches when they say they don't read message boards. I'm willing to believe athletics directors. I don't believe that no one reads them. Whoever's job it is, someone(s) are reading, and the powers that be know exactly what fans are thinking--at every program.

They also know that we're a hopeless bunch of GIF-sharing, irascible basic dads.
Right but does kfc represent the fan base? Steel is not convinced that it does. Unless 90% of our fans are old fat stupid whites dudes who make piles of warmed over dogcrap seem desirable by comparison.

Fiscuits

I think Gary read this thing almost daily.

Limey Frog

Right but does kfc represent the fan base? Steel is not convinced that it does. Unless 90% of our fans are old fat stupid whites dudes who make piles of warmed over dogcrap seem desirable by comparison.

I guess it depends how you're using the term 'fan'. Given that it is short for fanatic, if you use it literally the posters on this board are the entirety of the TCU fanatic base. How many living human beings are there who give this many craps about TCU football? We're pretty much it. Even though half of this board consists of comments from some posters directed at others to the effect that the latter don't know squat, the truth is that everyone who cares enough to post on this board just categorically knows more about TCU football than anyone else who isn't paid to know about it. Every poster on here might be off base sometimes and hit the mark at others, but collectively we've been pretty accurately observing and predicting the trajectory of this program for a long time. Donati and V-Bo have reached the same conclusions. If they reached those conclusions in part because they or (more likely) some underlings who report to them read what has been posted here we'll never know because they'd never admit it.

At any rate, to take your comment seriously, I think we're representative and mostly non-canine-fecal.

Last edited:

frogs9497

Funny Steel should ask this. My wife spoke to her good friend (a UT alum) today about CGP. She told my wife that her husband (also UT) was reading this forum and muttered, "With these fans, who could blame him for leaving?" Apparently he doesn't read his own damn forum.

When the core of HFB turned on Patterson and were firing daggers at Donati, the administration definitely took notice.

Over here though, there's too much incestuous guffawing and self aggrandizing for anyone from the outside to waste their time reading. Most of you think you are a whole lot funnier and more insightful than you really are.

The popular kids dominate this forum, and nobody else has the energy to wade through this cesspool looking for anything meaningful or relevant to read, let alone reply.

It's why I post very rarely here anymore.