• The KillerFrogs

What is up with our receiver Taj Williams?

FROG PARENTS 1961

No stats and I have not heard his name.

RECEIVING GP No. Yards Avg TD Long Avg/G
Turpin, K. 3 12 118 9.8 1 27 39.3
White, Desmon 3 9 126 14.0 2 37 42.0
Nixon, Shaun 3 7 79 11.3 1 22 26.3
Diarse, John 3 7 61 8.7 0 14 20.3
Reagor, Jalen 3 6 126 21.0 1 38 42.0
Slanina, Ty 1 4 24 6.0 0 12 24.0
Snell, Kenedy 3 3 91 30.3 2 71 30.3
Hicks, Kyle 2 3 29 9.7 0 18 14.5
Austin, Jaelan 3 3 24 8.0 0 10 8.0
Thomas, Dylan 3 3 21 7.0 1 10 7.0
Hunt, Cole 3 2 20 10.0 0 11 6.7
Graham, Isaiah 3 2 16 8.0 0 10 5.3
Porter, Emanuel 3 2 14 7.0 1 10 4.7
Olonilua, Sewo 3 2 8 4.0 0 7 2.7
Hights, T. 2 1 56 56.0 1 56 28.0
Stewart, J. 1 1 12 12.0 0 12 12.0
Anderson, D. 3 1 6 6.0 0 6 2.0
Total.......... 3 68 831 12.2 10 71 277.0
Opponents...... 3 34 518 15.2 3 61 172.7

W

Way of the Frog

When you are on a team with a number of talented receivers and the coaches have made it clear that the people who practice well (aka catch the ball in practice) will play and you don't play it doesn't take much to connect the dots on what is up with Taj Williams.

westoverhillbilly

Taj came in on our last offensive possession to block on the runs for Snell.. I wish the kid could do whatever necessary to get back on the field because he and Kenny had the deep ball going in that OU game last year.. Something we're lacking this year, at least up to now..

TX_Krötenechse

Taj came in on our last offensive possession to block on the runs for Snell.. I wish the kid could do whatever necessary to get back on the field because he and Kenny had the deep ball going in that OU game last year.. Something we're lacking this year, at least up to now..
He did, and to be honest, his effort at blocking was lackluster at best from where I was sitting.

ThisIsOurTime

Our group of receivers this year seems to be playing with a lot more energy, effort and enthusiasm. You don't want to do anything that will take away from that because that energy is contageous and critical to winning. What you hope is that the other reluctant players eventually buy into that energy. Hopefully, Taj sees the light and gets after it because careers are short enough as is and you don't want to have regrets.

MinFrog

Wonder if the expectations are different with a different mix of coaches this season.

Hope taj pulls his head out. He has all the talent in the world.

Wexahu

He did, and to be honest, his effort at blocking was lackluster at best from where I was sitting.

I was watching the sideline and, while I don't want to jump to conclusions, he didn't seem very engaged at all. Spent almost the entire 1st half sitting down in the same spot on the bench and then got up and stood for some or most of the 2nd half, but didn't show any kind of enthusiasm at all when the team did something well. It's obvious something is wrong. Don't know if it's personal issues that he's fighting through or if the coaches have challenged him to step it up and he's just not up for the fight or whatever but it's to the point where I'm not sure I'd even have him on the bench until he gets his head on right.

I'll hand it to Porter though, he's probably frustrated too but he's not letting it get to him too much, he looks like a good teammate out there.

TRF51

I do with they would use him and Porter more. #15 does nothing for me and seems to lack the top end speed to be a deep threat, same goes for #9 but I do trust he will catch the ball. Porter, Williams, and #4 have to much talent to be sitting on the bench.

lowfrog

As previously indicated, we need to be careful here in our conclusions about various players. Only three games played. All OCC games. I would not be surprised to see a different team the next three games because GP and Cumbie have held people, schemes/plays back so that upcoming opposing coaches have nothing to view on film or from scouts to prepare for TCU. Best way to hit another Big 12 team, regardless of who they are, is so that they can't/don't see you coming and are put in a position where they can't adjust to it. Or it could be injuries, or lack of effort/failure in practice, or team rules issues, or something else.

W

Way of the Frog

As previously indicated, we need to be careful here in our conclusions about various players. Only three games played. All OCC games. I would not be surprised to see a different team the next three games because GP and Cumbie have held people, schemes/plays back so that upcoming opposing coaches have nothing to view on film or from scouts to prepare for TCU. Best way to hit another Big 12 team, regardless of who they are, is so that they can't/don't see you coming and are put in a position where they can't adjust to it. Or it could be injuries, or lack of effort/failure in practice, or team rules issues, or something else.

So you think there is a chance Taj is not playing because the staff is hiding him from the Big 12 even though he actually played in 13 games last year and he lead the Frogs in receiving yards, ypc, and tied for td catches........yeah...... I am going to have to disagree with you on that.

Moose Stuff

We haven't been holding out players for conference games in an effort surprise the other teams.