• The KillerFrogs

What I would do if I was the head coach at TCU Saturday morning at ATT Stadium

Toad Jones

First, I'd let it be known the players had the locker room to themselves. If anyone had something to say to the team without coach's and support in the room, go for it. If the players had something to say now is the time to speak up.

Second: I would walk into that locker room and look at the boys without saying a word. Quietly..no sound, then I'd say simply..THANK YOU for your hard work and diligence. If I'm Dykes, That would be very, very hard to do without a tear in my eyes.

Third, I'd turn KAZ loose in the locker room alone at the last minute. I'm telling you right now, you'd better get out of the player's way, because they're coming through a fricking brick wall and I damn sure wouldn't want to be in their way.

If I was the coach, game day morning at ATT Stadium, this is what I'd do.

Now tell us what you would do!

Wexahu

First, I'd let it be known the players had the locker room to themselves. If anyone had something to say to the team without coach's and support in the room, go for it. If the players had something to say now is the time to speak up.

Second: I would walk into that locker room and look at the boys without saying a word. Quietly..no sound, then I'd say simply..THANK YOU for your hard work and diligence. If I'm Dykes, That would be very, very hard to do without a tear in my eyes.

Third, I'd turn KAZ loose in the locker room alone at the last minute. I'm telling you right now, you'd better get out of the player's way, because they're coming through a fricking brick wall and I damn sure wouldn't want to be in their way.

Whatever they’ve been doing up to this point, that’s what I’d do.

And I’m pretty sure that’s what they are gonna do.

HornyWartyToad

Agree, that's a great approach. There have been several mentions this year that the players have taken ownership and the coaches spend a lot of time getting out of their way.

Also, and this is just me, I'd scrongly consider bringing back Bumpstache to give his pregame speech, to the whole team. IDK if any of the current players are aware of it. But if you showed them a few of Bump's highlights as a player, and they got an appreciation of what a bad he was, I'd bet that speech would set them on fire. . .

Toad Jones

Agree, that's a great approach. There have been several mentions this year that the players have taken ownership and the coaches spend a lot of time getting out of their way.

Also, and this is just me, I'd scrongly consider bringing back Bumpstache to give his pregame speech, to the whole team. IDK if any of the current players are aware of it. But if you showed them a few of Bump's highlights as a player, and they got an appreciation of what a bad he was, I'd bet that speech would set them on fire. . .
You have not been privy to the KAZ yet. One day you will, I'm sure. KAZ is highly respected in the weight room, locker room, just about everywhere I guess. Watch him work the sides during a game. He talks, they listen. He has the ability to talk to these 18, 20 year kids and when you have that talent results usually happen. Did I say enthusiasm, energy, emotion, reason all piled in to one 10 minute speech.

I will endorse Dick Bumpstache ability to motivate too. Bumpstache in my opinion WAS the unsung hero of the Patterson era. My Lord, if you put those two in a pre-game speech together, it's hard to image WHAT WOULD HAPPEN! I like your use of mofo. Exactly in this case.

This needs to be said, Gillespie and Dykes can move your blood pressure up too. This staff as a whole is just flat talented.

SoonerFrogs

Two chicks at the same time.
dollars GIF

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Why? This is not the time for that and there appears to be no issue with team morale and chemistry.

Do what you have been doing. It has been working. Keep it loose. Do your job. Have fun. Smash a Wildcat in the mouth.

Toad Jones

It's all about importance of the moment. To look at body language and determine the levels of the mind. Yes, the chemistry of this team is very good, and maybe they won't need any motivational encouragement. But when was the last motivation, was not useful? Maybe Dykes does what I posted already, maybe he takes it to another higher level still. I think the pros use motivation frequently

arizonafrog12

If you are CSD, you MUST let Coach Kaz activate this team - I have a feeling that if he gets a few minutes with the boys before the game, this team is going to unleash something we haven't seen yet... with Corum out and our team healthy (barring critical injuries in B12 champ), I think this team can absolutely compete in the CFP with a month of preparation and should be more than motivated tomorrow morning