• The KillerFrogs

What happened to SXM College Sports Network?

Long Time Lurker

Yesterday one of the shows on SXM College Sports Channel 84 said they were talking to Coach P at 1330. Today, I turned it to 84 on my way to a Doc appointment and it was ESPNU, they weren't interviewing Coach P. Notice other channels had changed too: ESPN on a couple and one Fox Sports station. So the question is...did SXM's College Sports channel move or is it just gone?

Last edited:
Fair amount of love on ESPNU Radio today. Danny Kannell made mention that our defensive showing was one of the best takeaways from this week. David Pollard said we're back. Newheisel was impressed. I fell asleep from about 2:30-5:15 but woke up to a caller talking about TCU's defense. The host said we'll beat OSU.

I'm actually surprised at how diverse the talk has been today. Not the SEC love fest I expected.

I hear you. Hate that ESPN is taking over. Agendas agendas agendas and no real football talk.
At least for the time being, it only appears to be a re-brand...kinda like naming rights. The schedule and lineup are pretty much unchanged. I can live with that. I'm going to be really disappointed if they start to move some of that ridiculous ESPN programming over there. I can get free music on Pandora, Spotify and other apps, so that channel is really the only thing that guarantees I keep paying for SiriusXM. That being said, I think they lost a lot when Bill King and Tim Brando left. Bill King was outstanding. He was part of my morning drive every day for about 10 years.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Fair amount of love on ESPNU Radio today. Danny Kannell made mention that our defensive showing was one of the best takeaways from this week. David Pollard said we're back. Newheisel was impressed. I fell asleep from about 2:30-5:15 but woke up to a caller talking about TCU's defense. The host said we'll beat OSU.

I'm actually surprised at how diverse the talk has been today. Not the SEC love fest I expected.

Crap. "TCU IS BACK FOLKS!"

We're screwed.

Mean Purple

Yesterday one of the shows on SXM College Sports Channel 84 said they were talking to Coach P at 1330. Today, I turned it to 84 on my way to a Doc appointment and it was ESPNU, they weren't interviewing Coach P. Notice other channels had changed too: ESPN on a couple and one Fox Sports station. So the question is...did SXM's College Sports channel move or is it just gone?
It happened in Aug. Somebody tweeted Childers, taylor, Packman and another. Asked if they would get weanie political now that it is mouse ears. All basically tweeted back responses like "They don't own us, it is just a change in name"

If mouse ears plays games, I could see those guys going to the new fox sports radio real quick.

The bummer is, I don't think you get to listen to the show replays at night. But you can use your account and do that online.

At least for the time being, it only appears to be a re-brand...kinda like naming rights. The schedule and lineup are pretty much unchanged. I can live with that. I'm going to be really disappointed if they start to move some of that ridiculous ESPN programming over there. I can get free music on Pandora, Spotify and other apps, so that channel is really the only thing that guarantees I keep paying for SiriusXM. That being said, I think they lost a lot when Bill King and Tim Brando left. Bill King was outstanding. He was part of my morning drive every day for about 10 years.

A few shows will be simulcast live programming but it will be limited to what ESPN already has. No Jamil Hill playing gymnastics with racial themes.

Mean Purple

A few shows will be simulcast live programming but it will be limited to what ESPN already has. No Jamil Hill playing gymnastics with racial themes.
Just as long as the leave the College Sports lineup alone. If I start hearing Finebaum's crap, I'm out. His stuff was ok on WJOX, his show now is just plain bad. It is bad enough we have to listen to Ivan M drone on at 6 pm central now. Ugh.

Leave the espn shows on the espn networks on the radio. I'm not paying money to hear their crap on SXM.

Just as long as the leave the College Sports lineup alone. If I start hearing Finebaum's crap, I'm out. His stuff was ok on WJOX, his show now is just plain bad. It is bad enough we have to listen to Ivan M drone on at 6 pm central now. Ugh.

Leave the espn shows on the espn networks on the radio. I'm not paying money to hear their crap on SXM.

He was simulcast yesterday. I think it's primarily weekend and weeknight programming, everything else will be original content.