• The KillerFrogs

What freshman and JUCOs will see playing time this year?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
one-does-not-simply-eat-the-booty.png
Why is there a comma after eat?

FrogLifeYo

maybe i don't understand the jargon being used, but when you say raw what do you exactly mean?

at d-tackle we could have back blacklock, bethley, ellis iii, cooper, and filikitonga. if raw is lingo for the ability to really scheiss up an offense i would say the frogs could be really raw at d-tackle next year and even if big ross is gone the cupboard is hardly bare. in fact in past years we would have been elated to return talent like bethley, ellis 3, cooper, and filikitonga at d-tackle

de you forgot dennis collins who i think is going to surprise as he develops, kid graduated and was 17, from a very good program in north louisiana, built like a number of the shorter de's frogs have had great success in developing

cb- we return 4 senior corners in 2019 as i would be shocked if any of gladney, lewis, reed, and flowers left school early for the nfl. it would be a great problem this year because for that to happen they would have to ball their asses off. otherwise frogs look deep in bodies and don't forget hidari ceasar is getting a look at corner.

safety- the depth at that position is ridiculous with young talent which also opens a line of thought on linebacker

lb- wallow, wilson and simpson are givens at the position. wilson is a great story, but he has to stay healthy as i don't think he has a full year playing yet. would not be shocked if one of the safeties grows into a linebacker position and i mean naturally fills out into a body big enough to play that other linebacker.

in all honesty, i am very bullish on the frogs defense this year and in 2019, but not trying to project too far out into next year when we haven't even gone to pads in practice this year.

the one thing i know is this staff will coach the hell out of the kids that want to learn and want to get better. someone always emerges out of "nowhere" and that pattern isn't going to change because gary and his staff are not going to change especially on that side of the ball.

enjoy this year and the way it unfolds and also remember they have a pretty decent recruiting class coming in as well.

My post was 2019 specific and in regard to untested depth...The guys I mentioned in my previous post all have little to no experience and will need to make strides this year as they will be the backbone of our defense in 19...My point was simply to say the 2018 progress of those kids will be fun to watch and speak significantly about our 2019 defense. I’d love to see a few stars emerge out of that group..

Eight

My post was 2019 specific and in regard to untested depth...The guys I mentioned in my previous post all have little to no experience and will need to make strides this year as they will be the backbone of our defense in 19...My point was simply to say the 2018 progress of those kids will be fun to watch and speak significantly about our 2019 defense. I’d love to see a few stars emerge out of that group..

i am even more confused now as i am not sure how those players you mentioned will be the "backbone" of the defense when the frogs are in a position to return a number of experienced players ahead of them.

the only players we know won't be back next year are the seniors and that is 2 de's, at least 1 lb, and 2 safeties at this time. all could change for a variety of reason, but frogs look to return a great deal of experienced depth in the 2019 defense. guess you see it different so will leave it at this point.

FrogLifeYo

What a weird exchange we are having:....:)

We lose our top 3 DE

We lose our top 3 LBs

We lose 2 -3 S From our rotation

Seems pretty clear that the development of the guys I mentioned would be a priority this year to set us up for next year...That’s my only point.. Nothing particularly controversial about it

Last edited:

Eight

We loose our top 3 DE

We loose our top 3 LBs

We loose 2 -3 S From our rotation

Seems pretty clear that the development of the guys I mentioned would be a priority this year to set us up for next year...That’s my only point.. Nothing particularly controversial about it

you never mention the safeties, but talk about the cb's and defensive tackles which should be very strong next year and are completely omitted in your latest response.

McFroggin

We loose our top 3 DE

We loose our top 3 LBs

We loose 2 -3 S From our rotation

They are getting loose? Isn’t there a frat that can herd them? Don’t want to lose them.

FrogLifeYo

you never mention the safeties, but talk about the cb's and defensive tackles which should be very strong next year and are completely omitted in your latest response.
I mentioned players that I believe need to make growth steps...It just so happens one is a DT and one is a CB