1. The KillerFrogs

what are the back tires on a tesla made from?

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by Eight, Apr 20, 2021.

1. this accident took place just down the road from a friend's home and from what i have been told it was quite the fire. not sure how those back tires survived based upon the remains of the rest of the car.

2. I just wanna know what those two dudes were doing in the back seat? Nevermind...I don't want to know.

3. there are definitely some odd parts to the story. one was in the passenger seat in the front and one in the back, they had supposedly just dropped off their wives at the home of one, and tesla now says the autodrive wasn't engaged

4. I bet one of their mouths was engaged.

5. Meaning, they didn’t know it wasn’t engaged

6. maybe, not sure, only traffic at that time of night would be a few deer crossing the road

7. #8 tcudoc, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    One news station in Houston said they were test driving the car, though it seems to have occurred at night. Maybe the dealership told them to take it home overnight and bring it back the next day. Dealerships know that this will increase the odds of purchase. Elon Musk says the car in question did not have the full auto driving function installed. In addition, they were driving on a road that had no lines, so they said that function would not have worked anyway.
    The two men seemed to be otherwise quite smart. One was a physician and the other was an engineer.
    Sounds like a very sad story.

8. very late at night, the road has no lines because it is all residential, no traffic other than some deer crossing the streets from time to time, and depending upon where in that gated community it can be very dark in some places

9. I had nothing to do with it.

Eight likes this.
  10. How fast were they traveling? Has that been revealed?

11. haven't heard, the wreck was fairly close to one of the two's home but there are some stretches where you could accelerate a bit to pick up some speed

12. If they explode with impact and burn for four hours, I would think that the safety margin, even if operated correctly, is less than other cars. I was intrigued by the Tesla previously, but the fiery death aspect certainly dampens my enthusiasm.

Showtime Joe 2.0 and froginmn like this.