• The KillerFrogs

What a complete pile of garbage

BleedNPurple

I think most of the players will be pumped for the new regime. All of the positions will be given a reset, and everyone will be given an equal opportunity to prove themselves without anymore of GP's "favorites" getting the starting job even though they didn't earn or deserve it. More players will get playing time.

Sure, some players will transfer out but we will replace them with players that want to be here. I will also be happy not seeing the "Wedding guest, ushers, caterers, and valets" anymore on the sidelines.
Nobody seems to work the xfer portal better than Dykes. He knows most of the team from 2017. I actually think he’s ready and the right person to plug in - who knows the Texas recruiting business better? I think the players will love playing for him- it’s obvious SMU players did. We have a great team here and just need the right part in the coaching piece to fit in. I think our recruiting is about to sky rocket and may have to re-up my season tickets!

4th. down

Moving on from the GP era.

Hopefully I would like to see between mid January and Spring ball for each position coach to have a one on one with his group of players and find out if they want to play and let them know what's in front of them regarding practice, conditioning, nutrition, playbook, etc. Maybe we can get some that don't have their heads right to leave the program. The players need to know if you don't perform on game day based on a mutual understanding of what you are supposed to do, then you are regulated to the scout team the following week until further notice. You either perform or you don't. Ex. Noah Daniels and THT tweet this and that how great they are, etc., so they have a high standard of themselves.......hold them to it.

We cannot have a continuation of overall team performance like the OSU and ISU games, especially the ISU game where they embarrassed the TCU football program. It was almost to the point some of them, especially on defense, were saying F......you TCU, it's payback time.

Froglaw

Tcu fans are spoiled. I don't know if we won five games the whole time I was in school.

Just as few in basketball and baseball.

Tennis was rhe only bright spot.

Reading this board reminds me of how blessed TCU is in sports and media presence.

Bad year.

It's over.

We beat Cal, Tech, and a good Baylor team.

Renew season tickets and I'll see you at the basketball and baseball games.

MadFrog

GP took us to places I am afraid I will never see again. Like Rece Davis said this morning on Gameday, I just don't know about this hire. It was just great to live to see little old TCU finishing 2nd and 3rd in the final AP polls.

Last edited:

Paul in uhh

I am more excited about the hopeful complete change over in Assistant Coaching Staff than anything, including Dykes as HC.
If the sources are correct it appears we have at least 3 “30 under 30” assistants coming in and that barely excludes Kelly because of his age.

If the DC is a good one then watch out. We might start signing top 20 classes or better.

Paul in uhh

GP took us to places I am afraid I will never see again. Like Breece Hall said this morning on Gameday, I just don't know about this hire. It was just great to live to see little old TCU finishing 2nd and 3rd in the final AP polls.
I hear you. That said we hadn’t finished 2nd or 3rd in the polls in at least 7 years. GP was 7-22 against current big 12 coaches. Either he was losing the team or the game was passing him by.

As I’ve said before, Lou Holtz and Gene Chizik have both won a National title and are currently unemployed. Why?

Frawg

this season was. A total disaster. I've never despised watching our team play more than during this season, and that includes 1997, although that was a close second. I truly feel bad for those kids who went into the season with such high hopes to have incompetence and mismanagement bring it down to such lows.

In retrospect, it is a blessing that GP stepped down. I hope Dykes can tear down the entire structure and rebuild something worth watching. I'm not going to sit here and say whether or not Dykes is a good hire, because there are arguments both for and against him being a "good" hire. Only time will tell.

I just hope to enjoy watching TCU again. We all got a brief glimpse of how nice it was to watch the horned frogs play with passion and ferocity during the Baylor game. Those kids know that is the level that they are capable of playing. Unfortunately, except maybe the Tech game, it was the only time they could get it all together on the field and play like horned frogs.

I love TCU, and it kills me to see the team fail like this. And I know it kills the players even more. I hope they all wash this season down the drain and come back with renewed enthusiasm in a fresh start next year.

GO FROGS!!!!!!
My first year at TCU was FA Dry’s last (1982). Being on the field as a trainer I saw how pitiful our over all talent was compared to UT, Arkansas, Aggy, Pony Express, etc. Whacker turned that mess around by the 2nd year. Our current roster, based on starsies, is sooo much richer in talent now and I think excited Sonny, along with the elite level facilities and football budget, to come here. I think we’re poised for a Baylor like (I just threw up a little) revival. This is not a rebuild from scratch. GMFP left a well stocked cupboard.

Frogs1983

My first year at TCU was FA Dry’s last (1982). Being on the field as a trainer I saw how pitiful our over all talent was compared to UT, Arkansas, Aggy, Pony Express, etc. Whacker turned that mess around by the 2nd year. Our current roster, based on starsies, is sooo much richer in talent now and I think excited Sonny, along with the elite level facilities and football budget, to come here. I think we’re poised for a Baylor like (I just threw up a little) revival. This is not a rebuild from scratch. GMFP left a well stocked cupboard.
"The Dry Look" baby!!

TCUWIN

Well-stocked as in facilities? Some of the players need attitude checks or removals from the program- as evidence from yesterday’s game shows. Dykes will have some work to do to restock the player cupboard, but I am excited to see the rest of the staff and recruits he brings in. And then I hope he shares info in the spring to help facilitate the excitement some of us have.

Frog Island

We have no swag because Patterson always tried to play with “class” whatever the hell that meant. I’m looking forward to playing loose and free. Swag will come.

helcap

I hear you. That said we hadn’t finished 2nd or 3rd in the polls in at least 7 years. GP was 7-22 against current big 12 coaches. Either he was losing the team or the game was passing him by.

As I’ve said before, Lou Holtz and Gene Chizik have both won a National title and are currently unemployed. Why?
Lou Holtz is 84 years old. Shocked he is currently unemployed

Paul in uhh

Lou Holtz is 84 years old. Shocked he is currently unemployed
The point is that the game passed then both by. Lou hasn’t had a coaching gig since the 90s. Less than ten years from his title he was unemployed.

The game is passing GP by. Nobody is at the top forever.