• The KillerFrogs

WFAA: Year-long construction on University Drive in Fort Worth begins

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Year-long construction on University Drive in Fort Worth begins​

Story by Adriana De Alba

AA17s9Sy.img

It’s the route Fort Worth resident Tierra Ladkin always tries to avoid.

On any given day, University Drive in Fort Worth gets heavy traffic.

Commuters use it to access Interstate 30, busy shopping centers and Texas Christian University (TCU).

On Monday, the traffic situation got worse. It was the first day of a year-long construction project.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...ersity-drive-in-fort-worth-begins/ar-AA17siFz

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The people pushing this should be dangling from lampposts.

There is little to no pedestrian or bike traffic in the area, and all this imbecility will do is make an already bad situation worse, at great cost, and at crippling length. They will be removing traffic flow capacity for nonexistent needs.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The people pushing this should be dangling from lampposts.

There is little to no pedestrian or bike traffic in the area, and all this imbecility will do is make an already bad situation worse, at great cost, and at crippling length. They will be removing traffic flow capacity for nonexistent needs.
That stretch of road needs to change. A median is going to make it slower to navigate but much safer. I saw a guy on a motorcycle get destroyed in front of the old Hofbrau that likely wouldn’t have happened if people couldn’t turn anywhere they felt like doing so. I’ll never get that image out of my head.

With that said, my commute already sucked. Now it’s going to be more suckeder.

drizzle

For those who didn’t actually read the article before getting mad:
Parking/bike lanes are being added to OLD University Drive.

On University Drive, they’re adding a median, a new traffic light by the Panera Bread, and improving/adding sidewalks along the road.