1. The KillerFrogs

WFAA: TCU student sues school over claims of assault, harassment

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Lawsuit claims Texas Christian University faculty assaulted, racially discriminated against student

The 20-year-old student says she was continually assaulted and harassed by the dean of TCU's John V. Roach Honors College during a trip to Washington, D.C.

Author: Jake Harris

DALLAS — A 20-year-old Texas Christian University student claims in a federal civil lawsuit that she was harassed, assaulted, falsely imprisoned, abused and discriminated against by members of the school's honors college during a 2019 trip to Washington, D.C.

The student, identified only as "Jane Doe No. 1" in the suit filed this month, was a student of the John V. Roach Honors College and attended a summer trip during which she suffered "emotional distress" and considered suicide.

Read more at https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/e...dent/287-6e9bcc40-c1d9-4173-aca1-04c96e65e603

steelfrog likes this.
  2. I read this story the other day. Sorry but this student sounds like a beating.

Salfrog, JayMadd, sketchy and 2 others like this.
  3. Sounds remarkably like a transparently contrived endeavor to enhance this complainant's financial portfolio. naww.....

Punter1 and 4 Oaks Frog like this.
  4. You mean to tell me that mean old TCU threatened to take back the doe they gave Doe to pay for her part of the trip, if she didn’t go on the trip? Well, that is just awful! And, they made her walk from one event to another? I bet not once did they offer a band aid for her horrible blister injury. On top of that, she had to share a room with two fast white girls that got to the beds and bathroom before she could? That couch sounds like it was a torture bed full of nails and broken glass. I bet it didn’t even fold out into a full bed with a pillow. Could it be that mean old TCU gave a grant to Doe to pay for her trip to DC, just so they could make her sleep on a couch in a room with two fast bathroom hogging white girls, and make her walk so very much that her new shoes (only surmising here) gave her possibly terminal blisters, just so the horror of it all would drive her to the brink of suicide without as much as her own personal birthday cake? I bet we will never know. Settlement forthcoming...
    GO FROGS!
    BEAT EVERYBODY!
    Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] lawsuit!!

HG73, 6Frog6, JayMadd and 5 others like this.
  5. It's a pity this situation developed.

But resolving it is what juries are for.

6. A 20-year-old Texas Christian University student claims in a federal civil lawsuit that she was "harassed, assaulted, falsely imprisoned, abused and discriminated against by members of the school's honors college during a 2019 trip to Washington, D.C."

Am I naive to think that professors and students at any college in this age of litigation and false claims of racism would not do this?

frog9999, MCFROG III and Leap Frog like this.
  7. #9 Eight, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    i think my favorite part of that claim is the falsely imprisoned part.

JayMadd, frog9999, Casey8Ball and 5 others like this.
  8. Yes, don't get that. Or I don't understand what "false imprisonment" is under Texas law. Why didn't she call the police then?

JayMadd and frog9999 like this.
  9. Really interesting to bring up something that happened in 1908 when current students grandparents weren’t even born

6Frog6, JayMadd, frog9999 and 2 others like this.
  10. wouldn't it be a catch 22 for all the other wrongs in the claim

frog9999 likes this.
  11. Please read the first paragraph of the lawsuit to see how over the top crazy her lawyers are on this matter. According to them, TCU is basically the Tarrant county hub of the KKK and all alumni are members as well

As a lawyer, I like a good spin on things, but this is just so over the top crazy talk that makes the rest of the allegations not to be taken seriously.

12. did they reference lvh's post about aledo football players?

13. Man I meant to look up her lawyer...has anyone checked him out? Petitions these days are such a whipping. They read like OpEd pieces

14. hard to believe it’s the same school that made counselors available for students who became upset when a TV pundit came to campus and argued that white privilege doesn’t exist.

15. How long until the statuses of Addison and Randolph are torn down?

16. My favorite part was the reference to racist cartoons in the Skiff in 1908.

frog9999 and TCUdirtbag like this.
  17. Must be like getting locked in a tool shed?

18. Given the paradox that prevails within certain segments of today's society....it would appear that almost anything can be

construed as being the basis for an unpardonable offense. "Chip On The Shoulder"

frog9999 likes this.