• The KillerFrogs

West Virginia opening line

Purp

I just saw some grainy video of him throwing a ball and then falling on the ground. Was in a restaurant so couldn’t hear the announcers commentary. Pacific Table makes some solid food FWIW.
That video was of him warming up after half time. First throw was what took him to the ground. They were only speculating on what took him out of the game. No report of the collapsed lung had come out yet.

Incredible. How was he playing if a football can can another collapsed lung. If I’m his parent, I have some very serious questions for Bro and his medical staff.
It was separate incidents. Apparently, he got hit in the head with a football during second half warmups. But, he took a huge shot from another player running the ball right before the half. When he went out to warm up, he went down on a knee. Cliff said he wasn't injured when he was hit in the head but couldn't catch his breath warming up so they took him to the locker room and then transported him to a hospital.

SuperTFrog

I’m shocked at tech this year. Seemed like Bro was on a hot seat, players leaving, recruiting class was terrible. All signs looked like Bro was on his way out. He’s potentially coaching himself into an extension. Not saying Tech is pushing for a conference title, but they seem much improved.

They are 5-4 and will likely lose this week and be 5-5. Not sure what is so special about the job he is doing. If they go 7-5 that is the ceiling for them.

Edit: this may have been a bit strong of a reaction. My Tech hate is strong and can’t be subdued.

Last edited:

netty2424

They are 5-4 and will likely lose this week and be 5-5. Not sure what is so special about the job he is doing. If they go 7-5 that is the ceiling for them.

Edit: this may have been a bit strong of a reaction. My Tech hate is strong and can’t be subdued.
No, you’re spot on. Record doesn’t necessarily support my statement, but the eye test as the CFPSC likes to refer to, tells me this is a better team this year. They played OU tough this weekend.

DelFrog

The early start time and the fact that WVU is coming off that emotional win at UT are the best things the Frogs have going for them, but the way this team has been playing, that won’t be nearly enough.

Chongo94

As others have said, it’s the eye test. That said, if he hadn’t lucked into Bowman, this would be his last year. I’ve never been a Coach Bro fan, I was against his hiring but definitely in the minority.

Figure they go 6-6, maybe 7-5 this year and the exact same if not worse next year. Coach Bro sets the record for years employed with true definitive mediocrity every single year of his tenure.

Last edited:
Playing in Morgantown seems to inspire the Mountaineers to perform at an entirely different level. A level

of play that prevails over the advantage that most teams will normally benefit from when playing at home.

A little nip of moonshine before kickoff ??